•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

where to find replacement fuel tank float?

johnsongang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
Just picked up a 90 B2 2.9 2WD and it has the common fuel gage problems that I've been reading here. The PO just recently replaced the tank, fuel pump and the sending unit, but he says, not the float. Is it possible to replace the sending unit without replacing the float? If so, where can I find just the float? All I can seem to find is a universal-adjustable one on JC Whitney. Thanks for all the help!

n_grimm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I used a large cork bottle stopper from the hardware store, two bucks, works great.

SR185

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
stock 2.8
I replaced the entire sending unit (float and all) last summer, and my new float is (apparently) already full of gas, and the gas gauge is reading empty again.

I am pissed that I took the time and effort to do this job, and the new sending unit is crap. I don't care if NAPA replaces the part at no charge, they won't reimburse me for the sweat equity I have in the job.

hoofnit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
My local Ford dealer has 'em...I don't know the part #, I always just ask the guy at the parts counter...same part for the early ford pickups, Dennis Carpenter sells them also...
Mark

sgt158

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Mine had a small pin-hole in it, that caused it to sink to the bottom of the tank. I managed to find a package of two Ford brand floats at a local auto parts store that fit and it is working fine now.

MJSBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
bronco II
the ford dealer sell's them not too expensive even base part # is 9202 :icon_thumby:

markhm2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
you can buy Jeep plastic float (86 CJ) pn # 17729.01. it is a direct fit and is made from same plastic as plastic tanks, wont corrode. Fits right in the hanger clip. same dia. same size all