•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

where to mount hi-lift on B2

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've been thinking for a long time about where would be a good place to mount my hi-lift on my b2. I would like to mount it somewhere on the tire carrier but not sure if it would add to much weight, right now theres a 235/75 spare on there so that added weight might be to much stress on the body. not sure....

anyone have any pictures of what you've done or have any ideas of what could be done? (besides fabbing up a bumper... that will have to wait a few more months).

just need some ideas. thanks

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i also have a 235/75 on my tire carrier and thats a heavy tire...

im going to fab up a bumper like the jeeps where they have a swing out tire carrier mounted to the bumper and not the body...plus mines rusting bad there aswell!

maybe mount something on the hood? best place other then inside the cab?

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i was thinking about somewhere on the back bumper... i dont think im ready yet to drill any holes in the body for a mounting system.

bronchoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I mounted mine on the tire carrier and my spare is a 35x12.50 woks fine for me

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
broncho do you have any pictures of how you mounted it?

bronchoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i will get a pic of it in a couple days

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
They had a thread where they mounted them with two brackets right next to the hinges on the spare tire carrier.The jack was mounted straight up and down using brackets found on e-bay for like 12 bucks I can't find the thread now though.Brackets fit the tubes had bolts that went through the holes in the jack didn't put much pressure on the tire carrier because it was next to the hinges.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
nice. thats about how i want it mounted. im going to have to do some more searching. thanks for the info man!

jrock24

Reaction score
COuldn't you just use 2 Ubolts and do this? I am not sure, I don't have a B2 but this is my full size bronco.

[/IMG]

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
trailb2 - i think i found the thread you were talking about. here are the pictures. and this is exactly what i was thinking about! :icon_thumby:

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
that looks stupid...if you actually go out and go mudding or trail ridding that hi lift is going to hit every tree branch that over hangs your rig...specially if you have anykind of lift. Ide either put it horizontally on the rig somewhere or if i was going to mount above the top are of my roof...ide mount it on the roof with a carrier of some kind. you could put the spare on the carrier and get rid of the carreir all together.

AND THAT LOOKS COOL! but i dont ever plan on needing a hi lift...lol

Xandor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
They make them jack Right here in my little town. The people are D-bags. If I see one of there jeeps around town I'll take of pic of how its mounted. Everyone that makes drives a Jeep with "HI Lift Jacks" stickers all over them. Been thinking about getting a sticker calven pissing on the same sticker hehe

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
that looks stupid...if you actually go out and go mudding or trail ridding that hi lift is going to hit every tree branch that over hangs your rig...specially if you have anykind of lift. Ide either put it horizontally on the rig somewhere or if i was going to mount above the top are of my roof...ide mount it on the roof with a carrier of some kind. you could put the spare on the carrier and get rid of the carreir all together.

AND THAT LOOKS COOL! but i dont ever plan on needing a hi lift...lol
well i've done the whole mounting on the roof thing with my explorer and it was just a pain in the a$$ having to reach way over your head for it, or always having to step up on a tire.

if the jack is tight and secure where its mounted in the picture i dont see how it would matter if branches were hitting it. my ideal spot would be behind the tire on the carrier, but with a setup more like the duff bumper.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Mine is mounted to the floor across the back. Just inside of the hatch.

I've had mine mounted out side the truck and it just gets dirty and rusts faster, exposed to the elements. A shovel i could care less about, but if it's got moving parts then it's an issue.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well this thing has practically been outside ever since i've owned it. about 4 years. i keep it maintained (wd40, if it gets rusty i use a wire wheel to brush it off the hit it with paint) anyways, i've got it mounted now and i like it. this thing isnt going anywhere, i pulled on it and shook the whole bronco and it didnt budge!

onto the pics:
used an old rear sway bar bracket off of my explorer i had lying around to secure the jack to the carrier.

sorry my phone takes crappy pictures!!

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i would take that thing off in no time on the trails im on. i dont like it. why not just mount it inside the hatch

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i would take that thing off in no time on the trails im on. i dont like it. why not just mount it inside the hatch
it only sticks up past the roof rack maybe 2 inches or so. plus the trails im on around here with the b2 are mostly open hardley any low hanging branches. it'll do till i either get a bumper or fab one up and mount it the way i want it.