•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Which camber bushings??

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
which camber bushings would one need on a 85b2 with d28? im looking for the 3.5* ones that are adjustable(2 pc.) i was given some 4" sj rbv coils im wanting to throw in with my 2.5" drop brackets, and get ride of the spacers. i want to make sure i get the right ones

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I got a pair from Napa and one from Car Quest about $35 each side.I have a pair for a 28 for $30 if interested.I have 4" springs too but I raised the spring buckets to fit them wish I would have gotten 6" lift shocks instead of 4" if you look around here a lot of people feel that way.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Got mine from Rockauto. I suggest staying away from 2 piece ones. I have heard they are a POS to adjust.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
are the 1pc easily adjustable? dont really matter to me the fools at the allignment shop will be messing with it lol. give them something to do. lol my buddy works there give him a good reason to hate me

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Mine are one piece 3 degree. Very easy to adjust.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Two-piece bushings are infact MUCH easier to work with than solid one-piece bushings.
The degree of a one-piece (fixed) bushing cannot be adjusted at all, the only thing you can do is change it's orientation within the beam (which only by sheer luck will result in a correctly aligned frontend that doesn't pull to one side because the caster split can't be set correctly). Only way to know what exact degree bushing is needed beforehand is to throw it on a rack and get some measurements, otherwise you're just guessing.

With 2-piece bushings there's no need to swap back & forth with 0° bushings while on the rack trying to find what exact degree you need... Just reindex it for a different degree and reinsert.

Ingalls, Spicer (AKA Raybestos), Moog, and Specialty Products Inc. all make fully adjustable 2-piece bushings. Of those, the Spicer ones seem a bit above the others in quality.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Don't you need to see how much your out first?

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Got mine from Rockauto. I suggest staying away from 2 piece ones. I have heard they are a POS to adjust.
Clarification: the 2 piece ones are EASY to adjust. And 2 piece adjustable ones are preferred amongst most people.

are the 1pc easily adjustable? dont really matter to me the fools at the allignment shop will be messing with it lol. give them something to do. lol my buddy works there give him a good reason to hate me
1 pc bushings aren't adjustable, they are fixed at a certain degree (example: 2*).

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Don't you need to see how much your out first?
well i got 2.5" drop brackets and im alligned, so with an extra 1.5" ill get from loosing my spacers and replacing with sj 4" springs, it wont need more than 3 degrees of adjustment. i want adjustable ones so if the springs sag or i swap em out i wont have to do no crazy shit for an allignment

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Gotcha, why not get 4 degrees so you can have a little more if you need it?

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Clarification: the 2 piece ones are EASY to adjust. And 2 piece adjustable ones are preferred amongst most people.

1 pc bushings aren't adjustable, they are fixed at a certain degree (example: 2*).
Sorry didn't mean to talk you out of it. I know my one piece ones are easy and I know someone else that bought 2 piece ones and ended up replacing them with one piece ones because they were too much of a pain.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
No worries :icon_thumby:

If you put a little anti-seize on them before installation you will thank yourself next time they need to be adjusted.