•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Why Moved?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
It was most likely moved to a more appropriate section on the forum. If you post something really specific about a specific engine or problem most likely it will get moved to that specific section on the forum to help keep the forum easier to search.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
I moved it. The engine swap isn't really "specific" to a b2, its no different than putting that engine in a 1st gen ranger. You should get some better input with the thread in the engine swaps forum. :icon_thumby:
I was surprised and frustrated to find my thread has been moved as well.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136790

Some time ago I made the decision to limit my TRS involvement to the BroncoIICorral. I found there were far too many threads where new members were asking unrealistic questions followed by too many snide remarks to "Try the search function". Overall there was just too much drama and I did not feel it was a good use of my time. So recently I've been entering through BroncoIICorral.com so that any posts I read are directly related to what I drive and am interested in.

Back to my post being moved, I feel the information in it was directly related to the Bronco II and the questions asked in it pertaining to steering components had nothing to do with the V6 forum it was moved to. As to where it might get more responses, I'm a big boy. I don't need someone else making that decision for me.

I want to extend one last thank you to Jim Oaks, Petes Ponies, AlwaysFloored, Adsm, and other members who offered valuable advice during my Bronco II restoration. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that this forum is not aligned with what I believe is a valuable and timeworthy asset. I have pulled the TRS sticker off my truck and will be leaving the forum.

Josh

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I will be sorry to see you go. Your build thread is an inspiration for those that want to do their own body work.

As far as moving a thread, I have done the same. I also let the member know by PM so that if there is a problem that it can be moved back. There are four new moderators of which kunar and myself are two. You will have to give us a chance to make mistakes as we learn the best way to deal with the site. Honestly, we are trying to do what we think is best to help the member get an answer and make the site more user friendly. Please feel free to PM us if we do something wrong.

I agree that there are those members that leave snide remarks and I have been one when I was in a bad mood. I feel bad about my behavior and am changing it. I am trying to set an example in how I answer the new guys. It is a learning experience and I'm by no means perfect.It helps when I remember how overwhelming it was when I first started frequenting this site and how long it took to find all the buttons and where they lead and how best to use the search button. For example, I didn't know about the magazine until the second year on this site.
What I'm trying to say is that you should stick around and help the new guys. The more people like you that have seen the bad side and try to fix things by giving help, the better this site will get. There is a huge resource on this site and YOU are part of that resource.
Hoping to see you in the future,

Richard

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I've learned and as many others probably have as well, sometimes that search function isn't useful at all. Try typing something specific in it and it brings up every thread on the forum with any of those words in it, its not limited to just a phrase, it searches out every single word you type in the search box. Such as I tried to do a search about an engine knock on a 2.8L V6, guess what the search response was, 200+ pages containing everything from engine, knock, 2.8L, and V6. That's useless to someone trying to find information. The actual tech pages aren't any use for that type of problem either, they just give specifications for the engines, they don't go into any sort of repair information or diagnosis. I think the people we have on this forum that are "mechanics" should have some input on the tech pages as to some general repair and diagnosis information. Not everyone here is rich and can afford a trip to the repair shop every time something goes wrong. It seems like the "Tech" section is based upon the people who have money to modify their vehicles and it don't pertain to anything useful for people who are looking to actually repair their vehicles. Some info on there is on engine and transmission stuff, but not really detailed in a way that a person could use the information to make any repairs or diagnosis most of the time.

Are there any members on here or moderators who do this stuff for a living that could kind of go through and maybe clean up the tech sections more as time goes on? The updated tech sections are getting better, but personally I'd like to see a diagnosis section to help us poor people that need to work on our own vehicles LOL.

In the 2 months I've owned my 1984 Ford Bronco 2 I've found this forum to be very useful with a lot of very good information from the tech sections and from fellow members just wish I knew about this site or it existing in 2001 before I sold my little ford ranger pickup due to some electronics issues that finding out now for about $400 I could have done away with and durasparked it.

This forum out of all the forums I'm a member of is one of the best layed out and in depth for help and technical info, just needs some house cleaning it seems like as there's so much info here that its going to take the moderators a long time to get it under control.

I really appreciate the ability to use this site, so far its saved me thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the site and whoever is working on the tech sections keep it up its looking cleaner all the time.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I'd like to see a diagnosis section to help us poor people that need to work on our own vehicles
That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do.
Jim Oaks has a new thing happening where people that write an article get a banner and after a certain amount of articles get a free years subscription. That should get some new articles happening and I'm sure that diagnoses will be part of it.

Richard

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I was surprised and frustrated to find my thread has been moved as well.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136790

Some time ago I made the decision to limit my TRS involvement to the BroncoIICorral. I found there were far too many threads where new members were asking unrealistic questions followed by too many snide remarks to "Try the search function". Overall there was just too much drama and I did not feel it was a good use of my time. So recently I've been entering through BroncoIICorral.com so that any posts I read are directly related to what I drive and am interested in.

Back to my post being moved, I feel the information in it was directly related to the Bronco II and the questions asked in it pertaining to steering components had nothing to do with the V6 forum it was moved to. As to where it might get more responses, I'm a big boy. I don't need someone else making that decision for me.

I want to extend one last thank you to Jim Oaks, Petes Ponies, AlwaysFloored, Adsm, and other members who offered valuable advice during my Bronco II restoration. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that this forum is not aligned with what I believe is a valuable and timeworthy asset. I have pulled the TRS sticker off my truck and will be leaving the forum.

Josh
Well i'm sorry i've upset you. As far as limiting your interaction to the B2 corral, it's just another forum on TRS. Same members, same info etc. This particular forum is "Bronco II & Explorer Specific" but there's nothing b2 specific about your belts, steering pump or steering gear, its all the same as a ranger. I made the decision to move your thread to the 2.9 forum because it was asking primarily about doing work to a 2.9 engine. Trying to keep things in the proper forums is a huge step toward making the forum search work better. Ex, searching for a 2.8 engine knock, you could simply search only the 2.8 forum and only for the word "knock" and i would bet you would get some pretty good results, as long as the majority of those posts have been made in the proper forum, not in general discussion or model specific forums. I hope you understand and will reconsider your decision to leave. as alwaysfloored said, the members make the forum.