•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Will someone please identify this underhood cable???

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
O.k. so I recently had the A4LD auto tranny rebuilt. When the shop installed the transmission they told me that the cable (shown in pics below) was burned on the exhaust and that this cable makes the tranny go into overdrive. They could not locate a replacement cable so we did not hook it back up. I have been driving around without overdrive for some time now and with the price of fuel continuing to climb I would really like to get my overdrive back. Can anyone identify what this cable is called, part number or a place to get a replacement??

Pics of cable end:

Here is where the cable goes through the firewall. It is the L shaped connector.

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Told now that this is the kick down cable. Anyone know where to get a replacement or have one sitting around they want to sell?

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
Wher do you live? I've got one.

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Give him a shout! We have a local salvage yard here in Fulton that just sold us one. Main issue with ours? My own idiot nature. When I replaced the heads? I routed that cable on the outside of the exhaust pipe and cable tied it away from the exhaust. The tie snapped and it burnt up on the pipe. It's supposed to go on the INSIDE of the exhaust (running next to the motor) directly above the starter

It's free floating now...and sitting quite naturally away from the pipe by a good 2 inches.

See if Chris can help you out. Otherwise? Salvage yard. (our local yard is R.F. Koskowski's truck parts...he can be spendy, but if it's oddball? He normally has it for older trucks)

S-

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
If you have time, hit up the u pull it near 60th an L in Omaha. They usually have a couple 1st and 2nd Gen rangers are well as b2's.

Sent from, wait how did this get here?

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
If you have time, hit up the u pull it near 60th an L in Omaha. They usually have a couple 1st and 2nd Gen rangers are well as b2's.
May just have to check that out if I don't locate one elsewhere. Because of our lovely weather this week it surely won't be anytime soon until it warms up!

Sent Chris a PM on the one he has.