•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Window help

baddmove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
hey all! nice place!!..i just bought (1100$) a 89' EB a/t 2.9L bronco II and it has a passenger side window prob.. i can roll it up/down from the drivers side and also if i open the pass. door..but when the door is closed, it wont go up/down..if i pull on the wire going to the fender well and close the door as far as i can, it works..anyone know how i can fix this? is there a loose connect. in the fender well? i have tried everything i can think of short of pulling the fender off...

thanx for any input....Bob

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
i would pull the door skin off and check the connection at the window motor and also the door switch.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Vehicle
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
The indications are of a bad connection. Probably at the wire pass through from the door to the body. That is where the most flex is in the wires. Check for wire tension that pulls or moves the wires during door movement, which could cause a disconnect. Check connections and continuity on each of the wires to the motor. When you reassemble, use dielectric grease on the connector to prevent corrosion.

baddmove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ok..thanx guys..i took the door panel off, but i did'nt even check the motor connection. i will try that tonite after work, if it's not raining...lol...

Wa.. it rains alot here in June...