•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Woodys BII build-ish

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
that's a good color scheme you got going, the black grille looks good too

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
also i decided on 35's i need to get used ones tho they are frakin expensive...i went to tire factory and for the lawls i had to see the difference:

so anyone have used 35's i can buy =D
d35
4.88s
:icon_welder:

do it or youll regret 35s

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
well i looked around at some other tire shops today and found a set of 35x12.50R15 yokohama M/T for a good deal i just need to save up more money now :(

or buy some cheap used ones

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
yoko's are whats on mine right now...seems to be a decent tire had some good sidewall flex on the trails at 18 psi

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
so i have done some thinking...i know it is very dangerous for me to think for too long =D i keep changing my damn mind

anyway i have really put some though in this. i may postpone the lift until i get an 8.8 and a d35 then re-gear then swap them out when i do the lift...the axles them selves wont be too bad but i am dreading the gears and install price...i hate not having a lot of money =D

also i may get some used 35's that don't have a lot of tread...but if all goes well(which they usually don't) will last me long enough to save up and get new tires...

but that's my thought...i want to get this lift on so bad but i don't want to detonate my axles in the rushed process.

the least i am going to do is get an 8.8 to put under there with the lift then wait and do a d35 swap when i have enough saved....

either way its going to take forever to get the little f**ker done...by done i mean done with this step...lol

next paycheck i will have enough to get the 8.8 and maybe the gears(but i gots bills to pay) i have thought of either 4.56 or 4.88 gears...what do you think?

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
screw that, lift it. just dont go trying to enter the top truck challenge or tag along on the ultimate adventure. yeah, the 7.5/d28 combo is weak, but if you arent trying to drive up the side of a cliff, they probably arent gonna break.

i'm in the same boat as you. i got no money either. i already have my 8.8/d35, but i still need to regear them and have the gears installed, not to mention i wanna throw in at least one locker and hopefully two. for my lift, all i need are a drop pitman arm, brake lines, radius arms and shocks, oh and i guess tires would help too (but i plan on hitting up a craigslist special for that)

what i'm gonna do is lift it, throw the tires under there and run the 7.5/d28 until i regear and get the 8.8/d35 under there. should be fine. still a long way off too, the damn thing isnt even running yet.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
you could put the lift on and obtain all the parts for the new axles and gears. Honestly with 35s on a d28 and 7.5 I wouldnt take it down much more than a gravel road.

But if you have the d35 and 8.8 out from under a rig it is significantly cheaper to have someone re gear them. Also look around on here, and other rbv forums for already geared axles, thats where I got my d35 with 4.56s already in it from.

For cheap gear setup look into joining a local 4x4 club, they have many resources and I am willing to bet they have members more than willing to gear your stuff for cheap (also what I did, $250 for gear setup) and it never hurts to network either man, and you will meet some cool people in RL!

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
thought i might give a slight update:

i was pointed to a great deal on an 8.8/d35 set of axles already locked and geared, so i am saving for those, then i need to get tires and install the lift... a couple months away tho...

but i will want to trim my fenders a bit with the 35's

anyone have pics or have trimmed the fenders on a gen 1 before i want to get some ideas... i dont want my fenders to turn out like crap.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
dude we need to wheel together when your done with your truck! you dont live too far away, maybe 150 miles

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
ya we totally need to! it will be done as soon as funds allow!

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
well i gotta get my license first lol, so it could be a while :(

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Great looking truck! One question for ya, what are those rims? Love 'em but I could never find out what they're off of.

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
Great looking truck! One question for ya, what are those rims? Love 'em but I could never find out what they're off of.
Thanks!

i really do not know, the b2 had them on when i got it...some ppl may know what they are from.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
they're just an aftermarket wheel that you could probably get from some wheel supplier, pep boys, or something like that, just shop around

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
Well dust off the cobwebs...tomorrow i am picking up an 8.8/d35 from Brian the site owner of b2.org...locked FR/R with 5.13 gears...

so with that all i need are shocks and tires and i am ready to install the JD lift axles and then test run...should be ready for the snow!!!!

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
well here we go:

8.8/d35(extended radius arms)
5.13 gears
front lockright