•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

your thoughs on a chop top ideal

19cobia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
what do ya think about welding the back wall of a ranger on a bii . i ask becuse i love the size of my bii i use it to hunt out of. the thing is sometimes i have to catch up a deer hound or two and them things stink up a truck .
im just looking for thoughs and any problems you may foresee thank you for your time:icon_welder:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Get one of those receiver hitch "luggage" carriers! Well, personally I'd weld one up myself rather than buy one. There's a couple guys around me who've made their own, and a couple who just bought one.

19cobia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
we have a gun in the hunt club that did that very thing with a fullsize blazer and after about a hour rideing back there the dogs were so sick from exhaust they could hardly stand let alone hunt . them poor dogs got the week off

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I have no back seats I haul my dogs on a carpet covered plywood in the back.I took my dogs out today and somebody rolled in shit so I know your pain.My big concern would be running around in something cold and half built the next two years.Probably how you run the exhaust effects whether your gassing your dog or not.

19cobia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
this truck only comes out for bad weather and hunting durning gun season for deer nothing else. my dd is a 07 silverado or 07zx6r so down time is not a factor . going out to pick up a the of a cab 88 ranger to use the back wall and window also ordered true roll bar/cage for it. i will start a build for it once i have all the parts thank yall for all your input

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My puppy (she is about 6 now) Lives in my back seat more than my passengers do. I could never have her sit anywhere but in the cab with me.

19cobia

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
my black lab rides all the time with me but in this case i talking about deer hounds not pets . so the short bed and dog box will be much love

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I've seen guys adapt the rear hatch to the back of the cab Thats what I am going to do if I ever move back to mich I am in arizona for now so no need. I always thought a bronco II would be a good dog truck. I've had buddies do it to a 4runner same thing they adapted the hatch forward.