•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 86broncII

1. 8

body lift question in regards to shifter

I am putting a 3 inch body lift on my bronco II. this vehicle already has a 3 inch suspension lift. Will the 3 inch body lift have any effect of my transmission shifter (A4LD)? thanks!
  2. 8

Jeep bumpers on Bronco II

Just curious if anyone on here has put bumpers designed for any of the jeeps on their Bronco II. I am mainly looking at the rear bumper with the spare tire sway built onto the bumper. Getting stuff ready to completely repaint my 86 Bronco II and would like to do something different with the...
  3. 8

Cold Air intake

Would like to add cold air intake to my 86 Bronco II. I have only seen 1 photo of a bronco II 2.9L with one. I haven't been able to find an actual kit to add one, so my question is if anyone knows if there is a kit out there I am not finding or if it is something that needs to be fabricated. Thanks!
  4. 8

Deicer back window

O'reilly Auto Parts, Part # 09117. Complete and easy to use kit. I have this and repaired mine with it. It's around 15 bucks I think.
  5. 8

Reman A4LD Trans

Wondering what everyones opinion on the companies which sell reman A4LD. I am looking for a reman and I would normally go to Fred Jones for one, however they do not have readily available. I know of Blumenthals and Auto Zone, I found another company called smartpartsauto.com they have the best...
  6. 8

rear wiper blade

Most of the people that work at the parts store, around here any way werent even alive in the 80's and are not familar to vehicles before their time. Trying to explain some of these items to them often gets you a "deer in headlights" look. I work at the Ford dealer in my town as the body shop...
  7. 8

rear wiper blade

This has to do with the build date of the bronco II. Mine is a 2/86 and the split is 6/86. the eariler 86 does have a unique rear arm/wiper. I had been hunting for one for a very long time and had to do almost the same thing. Only difference is I used a couple of washers to make up the difference.
  8. 8

Roof Racks for the B2?

I have the factory roof rack and i mounted my lights to the front cross bar. I purchased the KC Hilites kit which came with the grommets for dilling holes in the roof to run wiring through. You still have to use some sort of sealer, silicone is the common choice. I recommend doing this where the...
  9. 8

86 Bronco II Bull Bar

Wondering if anyone knew of a legit company producing bull bars for the 86-88 Bronco II's. Been looking at the manufacturers I knew of but hadnt had any luck so far.
  10. 8

Ford Bronco II Sway Bar End Links

are there disadvantages to not running the links? I have an 86 BII with 3" suspension lift. my links front and rear are somewhat noisey and I have thought about putting new bushings in them, but havent yet.
  11. 8

Want to replace spark plugs in 86 2.9... any opinions

MOTORCRAFT, comparing them to autolites nowadays is like comparing apples to oranges.Usually a cheaper part is simply that, a cheaper part. notice the word "usually"
  12. 8

chattering noise from 2.9L

reporting back, the noise that I having, I believe is octane related. this vehicle has had same quality fuel (87 octane, same service station) for years, I went up to 89 octane with noticeable difference in the noise but it was still there. Over the weekend I switched to 91 octane and dont even...
  13. 8

will do, thanks! i will report back!!!
  14. 8

yes, usually during moderate to heavy acceleration. BTW, i had the converters blown through and the transmission was recently rebuilt. this noise was heard before all this as well.
  15. 8

have a chattering noise form a 2.9L engine while under load, i have no cel or oil pressure light that comes on. had oil pressure checked with mechanical gauge and was all good. this does not seem to effect performance or fuel mileage. I appreciate any 2 cents that comes my way.