•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 8879ford

1. 8

Parts For Sale- Lift Kit, Bumper, Roof Rack, Diff. Axle Guard ALL FOR SALE

Ebay user name : 1ford1988 Suspension: Never Installed 4” Rough Country Suspension Lift- NEW IN BOXES with UPGRADED SHOCKS! NEW EVERYTHING! New coil springs, leaf springs, all hardware, nitrogen charged shocks, and brackets, ready to install! I paid $750. - $500 Rear Diff. Axle Cover/Guard-...
  2. 8

Ford 289/302 for sale?

Hey guys, I had purchased a used 1967 6-bolt 289 V-8 from to swap into a BII, but the project has been put on hold for at least 5 years. I was told that it had been rebuilt once, but not recently. It did run, as the guy showed me it running on an engine stand. It appears to be a 100% complete...
  3. 8

Rare Bronco II chrome/stainless side moldings!

Hey guys, I have located this for my 1988 Ford Bronco II when I planned on doing a stock restoration on the vehicle, but changed my mind after finding out how rare this set was. It has basically just been sitting in my home to prevent rust or aging of any kind, and I consider it to be a rare...
  4. 8

oil pan gasket, front main seal estimate?

Dropped my 88 bronco II 4x4, 5-speed, 2.9 V-6 off at the shop due to an oil leak. I purchased a new oil pan gasket, and a timing gasket set including the front crankshaft seal, timing cover seal and water pump seal. With that being said, the garage charges $75 an hour for labor. They said I am...
  5. 8

88 bronco II oil pan gasket estimate???!!!

Dropped my 88 bronco II 4x4, 5-speed, 2.9 V-6 off at the shop due to an oil leak. I purchased a new oil pan gasket, and a timing gasket set including the front crankshaft seal, timing cover seal and water pump seal. With that being said, the garage charges $75 an hour for labor. They said I am...
  6. 8

Snap shots of Bronco II growing up, 8 years

i also love the armored-up look and bumpers...awsome!!
  7. 8

More rear travel for bill?

i have seen some guy with these crazy shackles that spin and flip and did all types of crazy movements....im sure they would help with something but not sure what...haha
  8. 8

rear suspension problem/capacity

right, a lift block would do is just add ride height/lift. You can get them from 1/2" and up, and it would still ride the same, just higher. Also, good luck getting the bolts out of the springs...haha, i always have to cut em off
  9. 8

Manual Hubs

there is an easyer way instead of making them bolt on. There are little clip thingys that only cost like $1. and they push onto the studs over the hubs, and hold them on. You only really need 2 on each hub, and if you ever need to remove them, just pull em off
  10. 8

Power steering leaking

i had a leak also...mine was leaking from the steering box, and also from the ps pump, where the plastic res. sits on the pump
  11. 8

Bronco 2 brush guard

im sorry i dont have a picture, but i bought one on e-bay...it is the classic style, with the "grill guard" and the headlight guards that bolt on, and has the two tabs to mount a set of fog lights. It was like $150 or something. The only problem i had with it is they only come chrome, so i...
  12. 8

rear hatch not latching right?

So, on my 88 bronco II, my rear hatch will shut, but only the pass. side latches...i cant get both sides to latch shut...i even replaced all of the door strikers and it still wont line up....any ideas? anyone else have this problem?
  13. 8

New Broncoii

if it is just gonna be a "hunting truck" as you say, and not a crazy off-road beast or show truck. Also, depending on your budjet and your future plans for the truck as in long-terms. I have a 88 bronco II, and i installed a 2" body lift, 31"x10.5" all-terrain tires, and some good fog/driving...
  14. 8

valve lash adjustment

I think they mean put the valve covers back on and check for leaks. If you run it without valve covers, oil will basicly massivly drain out of your engine
  15. 8

Deer proof bumper

I have a similar problem...stupid people walk out of nowhere when im driving and follow these white lines across the street or parkig lot....even if they see me coming at 40-50mph....and im tired of knocking dents out of my truck...luckilly most of them are less than 200lbs