•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 99RangerKrazy

1. 99RangerKrazy

Does a steering stabilizer really help?

That's some pretty bad steering geometry. The tie rod should be completely horizontal/parallel to the axle beam. Do you have the FA600 pitman arm? It doesn't really look like it. If you don't, getting that would help. However, you may need to upgrade to a new steering set up, like the...
  2. 99RangerKrazy

Thoughts on this Navajo?

Yes, amen to payments sucks. I'm gonna have to go look again tomorrow. I'm missing having something yo work on, fabbin and lifting and whatnot. Any ideas on the tranny? I wouldn't think it'd be totally blown if it drives find in the other gears.
  3. 99RangerKrazy

Thoughts on this Navajo?

http://kpr.craigslist.org/ctd/2173431560.html I went and drove it. It pops out of gear occasionally but not all the time. For example, it'll pop out of gear if you're in a parking lot and you're just trying to cruise along in 1st gear, then it'll pop. Maybe bad shift forks? Syncro? The rig...
  4. 99RangerKrazy

Interesting BII...

Intriguing...def needs to be redone/smoothed out, but interesting nonetheless: http://eastoregon.craigslist.org/cto/2108966162.html
  5. 99RangerKrazy

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

Been following your build for quite a while. Nice work on the BII! I like it! You do some awesome work. Also, good luck with the house, I hope all goes well for ya.
  6. 99RangerKrazy

Recommendations for 4.0l swap in BII

I've seen the swaps done in pre-1989 BII's, so it's doable. However, it appears to be easier in 1989-1990 BII's because of the big bulkhead (canon, I think it's called) plug on the firewall. This didn't come until 1989. But it's definitely still doable for a 1987. Transmission: Will it bolt up...
  7. 99RangerKrazy

gear ratio 93 explorer

On the door tag, I believe when you're looking at it (right side up) it's towards the bottom-leftish of the tag. It says Axle and there's a two digit code directly underneath. That's the code you need.
  8. 99RangerKrazy

is it worth the troble to track it down?

Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. I had a 92 Ranger regular cab, 2.9L, auto that I had worked on for a couple years. Build a neat little flatbed for it (in the 'under construction' threads, it's Mr. Bad Motor Scooter) and I really liked it. I wasn't huge on the regular cab and the auto, so I...
  9. 99RangerKrazy

gear ratio 93 explorer

Just in case you didn't find it in the Tech Library: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html
  10. 99RangerKrazy

An amazing discovery....

That's hilarious. I love it. But don't feel bad: it took my like four years of driving to figure out that the little switch on the rearview mirror was for when driving at night and people are behind you....that was an amazing discovery!
  11. 99RangerKrazy

Woodys BII build-ish

Lovin' the build, makes me want a BII even more now! What were the part numbers for those Autozone brake lines?
  12. 99RangerKrazy

Stone crusher steering system

I'm also thinking of going with the Stonecrusher setup so I don't waste a brand new set of tires...just not sure if I'm gonna have the time to install it (drilling the knuckles and pitman arm out).
  13. 99RangerKrazy

Stone crusher steering system

Any pictures of this set up?
  14. 99RangerKrazy

New BII

Nice! I likes! What fender flares are those?
  15. 99RangerKrazy

My 1987 Bronco II Build. NO 56K

That's only the second snapped crank I've seen. My buddy snapped one in his 85 Cherokee (2.8L). Nuts.