•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by CHKNFKR

1. CHKNFKR

Drive line question?

i understand perfectly what you are saying. the point is you are talking more about modern usage of the two words than you are about their actual definition. how do you define the word motor? how do you define the word engine? by your own definitions, does an engine not also fit the criteria of...
  2. CHKNFKR

Drive line question?

I hate to nit pick here but what of air and hydraulic motors? what of steam engines? what of liquid fuel rocket engines, and solid fuel rocket motors? Once again I'll bring up Ford Motor Company and General Motors, the terms motorcycle, motorcar, motorway, motorcade, etc... From a technical...
  3. CHKNFKR

Drive line question?

I'm with ya on that adsm
  4. CHKNFKR

Drive line question?

Merriam Webster defines the word "motor" as "any device that converts another form of energy into mechanical energy to produce motion" By that definition the term "motor" is an entirely accurate description of an internal combustion engine. It's also no surprise that Ford Motor Company and...
  5. CHKNFKR

what?

Looks about right. Why are we confused? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  6. CHKNFKR

Np208 swap

So how many have you grenaded? What were the conditions causing them to fail? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
  7. CHKNFKR

Np208 swap

welcome to the site! by no means am i the grammar police, but that was just painful. please try to put together complete sentences and separate them with periods. That aside, no. your bolt on options are limited to the 1350 and 1354. i would look into what's causing the failure to begin with...
  8. CHKNFKR

play in the steering

get under it and start shaking shit till you find the source of the play
  9. CHKNFKR

V8 swap transfer case question

More importantly a fullsize master will match a full size slave. The cylinders have to be the same volume and stroke. If you start mixing and matching masters and slaves things will get weird fast.
  10. CHKNFKR

V8 swap transfer case question

Grab the master and external slave off of a late 80s full size. Ford used them on the t18 and np435 so it will be a direct bolt on affair
  11. CHKNFKR

Maybe a stupid question...

that is highly dependent on what you plan to do with the truck. out of those options i would go for the zf. if you are open to more options, i would consider a np435. they have an unmatched 1st and reverse ratio and are damn near unbreakable.
  12. CHKNFKR

2.3 in a B2? Anyone done this?

This My ranger started out as a 2.3 5speed 4x4 and it never had any troubles (or so I'm told.) It got good mileage, could break traction if so desired all while running 33s and 4.10s no less. A doubler would have made it a far more capable wheeler for sure.
  13. CHKNFKR

Worst stuck BII

There's more than a few in herehttp://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297651
  14. CHKNFKR

Bronco II "weird" Trans Noise

I've done that many times. Still if the noise only occurs under load this will not narrow it down one bit.
  15. CHKNFKR

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

that's not so bad. I've seen them scrunched up like an accordion....