•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by johnsongang

1. J

1990 B2 for sale San Antonio/Austin

With great sadness I am selling my daughter's 1990 B2. It was her 1st car and needs a good home. Auto 2.9 2WD. We recently had the tranny rebuilt and has new tires, electric windows and I did a really cool diamond plate repair to the rear liftgate (thanks to the Ranger Station!) Asking 1200...
  2. J

driveahaft questions

OK I removed the old GK type driveshaft and have a new GK-Conversion driveshaft on its way from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. While its been sitting, I'm noticing an ATF leak from where the driveshaft connected to the transmission. I did not have a leak before I removed the driveshaft. So, is this...
  3. J

driveahaft questions

Ok, Bronco II Nation, I need your help and input!! I have a 90 B2 2wd auto A4LD trans 2.9l with a busted driveshaft GKN variety. Its a simple eight bolts to remove it but could not find any at my local (huge) junkyard. Ive been reading that the GKN conversion type is the best replacement with...
  4. J

center console mystery

I'm slowly fixing the little things on my 90 B2 and I noticed a 3X5 piece of plywood covering up the top back part of the original (I think) center console. Well, I took it off and there is what appears to be large pieces of metal bracketsl and other hardware inside. What is the purpose of this...
  5. J

Liftgate mod

You mean you reinforced the outside and inside "sandwhich style" what size and thickness are the plates you used..yes I'm interested!!
  6. J

B2 liftgate question

I am at the final stage of repairing the fiberglass on the liftgate around the latch and tire mount area. I'm planning on adding a piece of aluminum diamondplate to beef it up, but I'm worried about the extra weight. I'm adding about 2 square feet of 1/8" plate which would add approx 2 pounds...
  7. J

Liftgate mod

Do you have any pics of the steel reinforced liftgate? I scrolled through your rebuild posts and didn't see that part. Thanks...what part of the door did you attach the steel to? I'm thinking of a way to attach it to the steel frame part of the gate, so there's not the stress on the fiberglass...
  8. J

Liftgate mod

I'm in the middle of repairing the damaged fiberglass on my 90 B2 with the spare tire carrier. I want to continue using the tire carrier so has anyone had any success beefing up that area with some steel or other material? If anyone has links or pics, that would be great!
  9. J

89 bII xlt wont sit in park

Ok, here's the Ford recall website, just type in your VIN http://corporate.ford.com/news-center/news/recall-information
  10. J

89 bII xlt wont sit in park

There was a recall on the AT Park Mechanism. The number is 91S41. I found it by going to http://www.allworldauto.com/recalls/NHTSA_91V189000_1990_FORD_BRONCO_II_recall_38857.html and also on the ford corporate site..will get back with that link...you have to search their sit with your VIN.
  11. J

bronco II/ranger bed question

Thanks for checking the measurements, I just think it looks alot neater with a piece that matches all the contours, nice to know I can use either one! Thanks again, will post some pics when done
  12. J

I'd like to make sure it is sealed from water/fumes, etc and do a screw on patch like below www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77779&page=2
  13. J

I'm about to dig into my fuel gage issue on my 1990 B2 and I really like the idea of the access panel. My question is does the ranger have the same corrogated bed as the rear deck of the B2? I'm calling junkyards to cut some patch pieces but all I can find are rangers. Just wondering if they are...
  14. J

My BroncoII died

Nice job, thanks for the pics! This is gonna save lots of time and knuckle busting from dropping those fuel tanks!
  15. J

where to find replacement fuel tank float?

Just picked up a 90 B2 2.9 2WD and it has the common fuel gage problems that I've been reading here. The PO just recently replaced the tank, fuel pump and the sending unit, but he says, not the float. Is it possible to replace the sending unit without replacing the float? If so, where can I find...