•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Ranger44

1. Ranger44

Stumped

What about the gas in the tank? An engine doesn't like to run winter blend gas in the summer. Simple things first. Start at the tank, and work your way forward to the engine. How old is the filter?
  2. Ranger44

Asking for trouble? Or maybe not..

Run 33x10.5's instead of 33x12.5's or wider, and don't punch it with the wheel cranked. You'll more than likely be ok.
  3. Ranger44

TFI remote

I don't think it does. The TFI module should have it's own ground.
  4. Ranger44

2.9 with edis?

I'm sure the 3L and 2.9L TFI systems are pretty close if not the same. I would maybe look for a 4L Crank pulley with the teeth and a CPS. A EDIS6 module, and make your own wiring harness. It's very doable, and I am in the "slow" process of converting mine. I'm just lazy and...
  5. Ranger44

front diff question

Put it on jackstands and drop the drivers side beam.
  6. Ranger44

Who Makes The Better Lift?

The only point of dual shocks would be to control and share the work on a heavy vehicle, with a heavy payload, with a heavy axle. Now, granted dual shocks may be useful when running a SUPER soft spring on a trail rig, but with stock RBV coils, and most stock ap coils......they are about as...
  7. Ranger44

Who Makes The Better Lift?

Skyjacker is better at the 6" level. Those brackets are the same between 4 and 6" lifts. But, the 6" coils almost always align better in the 4" holes. There is nothing wrong with duff TTB brackets, it's their choice to go to hiems and run progressive coils that turn people off them. With an...
  8. Ranger44

catalytic converter bolts

Cut off wheel or torch are the correct sizes. Chances are, those bolts are so corroded there isn't a correct size. And every time you put a smaller size on and try it, it'll just round it off.
  9. Ranger44

Got A 4.0L, what should I do to it ?

Do NOT waste your time rebuilding it. Do the few things that need to be done and throw it in. 4L's are plentiful, and are HELL of expensive to rebuild correctly. Been there and done that, and said "F" that. I went and bought another truck with a V6 in it.
  10. Ranger44

Wiring harness ends

Swipe them off another harness. JY
  11. Ranger44

Lost all my oil on 2 seconds - like an oil bomb went off

Maybe excessive crank case pressure. How plugged is your PVC valve?
  12. Ranger44

Front coils

I'm pretty sure anything from a TTb rbv should, would, could work. I mean, the lifts are all interchangable. :dunno:
  13. Ranger44

metal shaveings and noise

Metal shavings in your diff fluid? You just changed hubs....not sure, but did you put the splined washer and c-clip back on the end of the stub shaft? I know some places tell you, you don't have to put them back on, when really it's best that you do. The shaft could have possibly slipped out...
  14. Ranger44

my new Grille install

That's pretty damn cool.:icon_thumby:
  15. Ranger44

bronco ii engine swap

A 4.0 swap would be way more worthwhile.