•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by ronclark

1. ronclark

85 Bronco II needs a new home

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1507481#post1507481 My mom need to get rid of this bronco II its straight but not pretty and is need of work. I would like to get 600 obo for it. its a 4x4 2.8L 5 Speed any questions feel free to ask.
  2. ronclark

Upgraded alternator, upgrade wiring?

I just upgraded my moms bronco II alt to a 130 amp 3G alt, and looking at the stock wiring. i am wondering if i should install some heaver gauge wiring from the alt to the battery. looking like on the wiring diagram it should be just a leg from the back of the alt stud to the battery. to me it...
  3. ronclark

2.9L Coolant Temp

Hey what are the expected operating temps for the 2.9L? I install a mechanical gauge in my moms Bronco II, because she was say its was always sitting at the top of the dash gauge. its a 1988 auto 4x4 sitting on 31's, new thermostat, 4.0L radiator. Its seems to get to 205* in just a few blocks...
  4. ronclark

New To Bronco II's All Advice Welcome

I'll vouch for this upgrade, well more of a update to me.
  5. ronclark

Going to put a 99 Explorer d35 and 4.0 into my 86 B2 need advice.

Right off hand I don't know what the year cut off is, but at some point thy removed the provision for the manual transfer case linkage in the M50D-R1
  6. ronclark

Electric Shift Transfer Case Help

I am stumped i think. I am working on a 88 Bronco II with Electric Shift Transfer Cases. I when through the trouble shooting page. when i get to part 5 c i am getting 9v abit strange. and step 6 i get 5v again strange. I am thinking its a bad shift module, or did i miss something some were?
  7. ronclark

I would pull the codes and see what the computer is thinking is wrong. It may save you lots of time. Doing the engine running codes are going to give you bigest clues on what might be going on. It will at least give a good stating point Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
  8. ronclark

Splice the headlights? I thought the headlights setup were the same on the bronco as the explorer? The tail lights should no be part of the engine manage harness. At least it was that way with my 87, I don't remember removing anything for the tail lights in the 93 explorer harness. Sent from...
  9. ronclark

Look on eBay for Evtm's for the bronco II and the donor Explorer. You never know someone here might have some copies too. your swap should be a cake walk, most your work is at the white plug that goes into the firewall and its a matter of moving some pins around from what i have read. I would...
  10. ronclark

What year is the donor explorer? you could adapted the automatic to manual. i am going to make a guess a manual harness would be easier. my swap was a manual explorer to a manual truck.
  11. ronclark

92 ex 4.0 to 87 BII 2.9 swap

Hey no problem, when you get the EVTM let me know if you need more help getting all put it together. It will be pretty sweet seeing it running. Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
  12. ronclark

Speedo gear

This might help you out http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Speedogear.html
  13. ronclark

92 ex 4.0 to 87 BII 2.9 swap

Hey, i see your just north of me. if you need help you are welcome to look at my truck setup. and take a copies of my notes and EVTMs Nice looking BroncoII:D
  14. ronclark

Want to replace spark plugs in 86 2.9... any opinions

I would stick with Motorcraft Plugs, Autolights just don't last as long. I maintain 3 company Rangers, Autolights plugs only last about 20k to 30k and look worse than Motorcraft at 100k
  15. ronclark

confusion regarding 4.0 swap into BII

Why not trying and swap the gauge clusters out of a newer 1gen?