•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Ruffinit

1. Ruffinit

Tires

I run 235/75-15s on my BIIs and they do very nicely for road and trail running. Just wide enough to get traction in most types of terrain including highway, fuel mileage is good and they fill the wheelwells out nicely without killing the pocketbook. I've used and like the Firestone...
  2. Ruffinit

Anyone else getting BAD milage w/ the 4.0?

My BIIs (2.9 and 2.8) are winter drivers. I run them on 140 mile commutes each day. In the summer time I'll get 21mpg, in the winter, 14.5 - 15. That's on the highway combined in and out of 4x4 at anywhere from -25 to +20. Driving slower with shorter distances and locked in, I can see you...
  3. Ruffinit

seat swap

Yes, they will fit. When you take the seats out of the BII, take the seat off the seat frame. They just unbolt. Do the same with the Ranger seats and bolt them back on. What you'll have is the new seats bolted onto the BII seat frames and all will work well. That is.. I'm assuming that...
  4. Ruffinit

early bronco looking bronco II?

Here's the how-to on the EB grill: http://www.broncoii4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=151&hilit=early+bronco+grill&sid=53792ed30e4e77e1863efcf0dbecc06e
  5. Ruffinit

4.0L V6 Used - PRICE???

There's a lot of links in this thread. They are very good on leading you through the change out to a 4.0: http://www.broncoii4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2309&hilit=perfect+project
  6. Ruffinit

4.0L V6 Used - PRICE???

I know there's a write up on that. Basically you have to pull the fuel system from the 2.9 FI engine, the drive train and electrical from the Exp and I was going to pull the dash from the BII or Exp (more likely the Exp) to go with the '84. It's a project, but I prefer the original BII body to...
  7. Ruffinit

4.0L V6 Used - PRICE???

Too bad you're in Ohio. I have a '94 Exp Sport 4.0 / 5 sp / 4x4 that ran until my daughter totalled it on an icy highway. The AC is still intact. I was going to use it and my '90 BII to build up my '84 BII that I picked up in Tenn. (rust free) I'm now using the front end out of the Exp in my...
  8. Ruffinit

11 Miles per gallon out of my 2.9!!!

Yep, you have a problem... My '84 with the C5 running down the interstate at 70 this winter in sub-zero temps was still getting 16-18 mpg.. All of mine have gotten better than 20 in the summer time.. +2 to FordMan016
  9. Ruffinit

2.8 engine photo

Hmmm.. Shoot, I thought you were talking about the tranny dipstick, so I got a great pic.... Just not what you wanted and it looks like you got it covered anyway. :icon_thumby:
  10. Ruffinit

Installed a LED third brake light

EXCELLENT.. Too bad they don't make one like this as an aftermarket piece. Nice work. Great look.
  11. Ruffinit

2.8 engine photo

I'll get you one tonight if it's not too dark when I get home.
  12. Ruffinit

90bronco II

Yep. I found one. It was in Kentucky.
  13. Ruffinit

my new ride

Because this is factory without the tire carrier on it, you are in for some major work if you plan on putting the factory one on. If that were mine, I'd get the new bumper you're talking about with the tire carrier attached to it. Or make it that way. Nice looking pony-truck btw.
  14. Ruffinit

To rebuild or buy a remanufactured

You may have found one, but who's going to stand behind it if it fails? I'd go with a rebuilt, whether you do it yourself or buy one that way. Find one with a good warranty and then do some checking up on the company. My buddy bought a rebuilt with the warranty, had it put in (he doesn't...
  15. Ruffinit

90bronco II

I did find one in my searching, like BlackBII says, the VIN has to have the X in order for it to be the factory 4.0.