•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by slammer67

1. slammer67

84n bronco 2 c5 auto trans need help

the little blocks that are on the band could fall out. this happened to me - but on the reverse band, I had to pull the valve body to get in to put it back together. you could try to put the adjusting screw in and screw it in until it stops - there should be at least 1/2" of thread left on the...
  2. slammer67

Bronco II doubler build pics

ok. I did alot of research on doubler before I did mine, and I ran across a couple with pressed and welded shafts that broke. that's the reason I went with the dd machine doubler kit because it had a solid shaft. keep us posted how it works, I'd like to go the diy route next time if it'll...
  3. slammer67

Bronco II doubler build pics

cool. is that a two piece shaft? how does that work? did you weld it together or what?
  4. slammer67

Any such thing as a removible (and replaceable) choptop?

if you were going to have the hardtop removable, you'd have to cut below the window channel - leave the windows attached to the top. You could weld a flat piece to the rails and to the bottom of the removable top, then find some way to attach/bolt the two back together - but that would take a...
  5. slammer67

my B2

how do you get the diff cover off?
  6. slammer67

my B2

so you went full hydro with a single ended ram? hows the steering response, Is it slower than a double ended ram?
  7. slammer67

my B2

nevermind, I just found the answer in post 50
  8. slammer67

my B2

that truck is awesome. You said you had trail gear springs, so I'm assuming there toyotas, but what lift? are they the HD springs? I was looking at tg springs also
  9. slammer67

The Deuce

nice doors so your tire carrier is a swing out AND a flip down? Awesome.
  10. slammer67

My Small Bronco Grows Up

rockwells and 1 links- sounds cool i'm definitely subscribing to this I've seen some pretty interesting one link designs on pirate4x4 - they seem like they'd work well if engineered right
  11. slammer67

So, if I go with a 302

The c5 will bolt up if you change bellhousings. I think that's one of the cool things about the c4/c5 is the removable bell. But your probably better off just rebuilding the c4 and adding the c5 tailshaft and housing. Is this gonna be a street only truck? Is it gonna stay 4wd? if not you...
  12. slammer67

So, if I go with a 302

Really, I haven't heard of issues with the stock t-case and v-8's, There's even a few people with dual ranger cases and v-8 engines. PetesPonies - your right on the tranny setup - swap the tailshaft and housing; I've heard you can rebuild the c5 to v8 specs - it needs to have more clutchs...
  13. slammer67

Cheap wheels for big tires ?

that's what I was going to suggest - Cragar soft 8's from summit. If your not in a hurry, keep checking craigslist/classifieds for a used set, you can get some good deals, but you always have the risk of buying something that's bent, just inpect them well when you buy. Most 33" tire ads suggest...
  14. slammer67

sas ?

You can use the stock springs. the coils might be a little stiff, but you can get the axle in then get different springs later. as for the rears, I'm not sure of the length, rangers have a 56" spring, you might have to move spring hangers. oh wait - is this for a ranger or an f150?
  15. slammer67

Check this out

did you see the jeepster on that site http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6219352&cat=402&lpid= I think I seen it on pirate a while back or how about this one http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6177179&cat=402&lpid=7 I think it's cool that they have a whole category for rec...