•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by SmokeEater829

1. SmokeEater829

Scored another B2....for now!!!

Just scored an 88 Eddie Bauer B2 4x4. Guy I bought it from claims that it ran great until a few months ago when he pushed the clutch in, heard a pop and cracking noise, then the truck wouldn't turn over. Looked at it and saw that the clutch switch was cracked into pieces and the rod was bent and...
  2. SmokeEater829

What years have interchangeable body parts?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for asking this, but I figured it would be easier to ask. Will the doors or rear hatch from an 85 B2 fit my 89 B2? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wanted to check.
  3. SmokeEater829

Snow, ice, and a slightly Modded B2

Finishing up the end of my deer season with some rough weather for my area. I know snow and ice is common for some of y'all, but to an New Orleans local hunting in South Mississippi it's not a commonplace for me. Nothing special, just thought it looked cool.
  4. SmokeEater829

89 B2 just died

Need help from you guys figuring out my problem. My Bronco died on me while driving the other day. It is an 89 with the 2.9l, manual tranny, auto t-case. Reman tranny and engine installed last year. Less than 1000 miles on them. Truck only gets used during hunting season. Other than that it...
  5. SmokeEater829

Weekend project

I'll be starting some fab work on my B2 tomorrow. Some front bumper, receiver hitch, winch mount work up front. Also picked up a set of the 58" Trail Gear Rock Sliders. Will be fitting them as well. I'll post pics of the progress as I can. But I'll give y'all some idea of what I'm going to do on...
  6. SmokeEater829

B2 lift kit questions

That sucks about the springs from Skyacker. But I'm probably gonna still give them a try. And I know my frame ain't tweaked.
  7. SmokeEater829

B2 lift kit questions

The tires in the pic are 29's. I'm now running 31's. Thinking about ordering the lift leafs from skyjacker to get rid of the blocks. Hopefully I can get the info I'm looking for when I get a chance to call Skyjacker.
  8. SmokeEater829

B2 lift kit questions

The B2 that I bought already had a lift kit installed, but I'm not sure of the brand or size. I think it's a skyjacker kit because the springs have skyjacker on them. The rear of the truck has lift blocks. I had measured the blocks at one time, and I think they were 3.5 inches. The reason I'm...
  9. SmokeEater829

Headliner replacement with pics

Yeah, no need to pull everything for the headliner. But I'll be pulling everything soon so I can do something to the floor. Not sure if I'm gonna bedline it or what, but I gotta do something.
  10. SmokeEater829

I just removed enough trim to get it out. Didn't really want to have to pull everything.
  11. SmokeEater829

It's back in. It was A LOT of work, but overall I think it was worth it. What do y'all think?
  12. SmokeEater829

Final shot before it goes back into the truck.
  13. SmokeEater829

Fuel filler hose

Dropped the tank today to get access to the rear body mounts that I'm replacing. Found that my filler hose is SHOT! The inner hose appears to be ok, haven't really looked at it. But the outer hose is deteriorated bad. What can I use to replace it? Nobody has a replacement that I can find. I was...
  14. SmokeEater829

Last coat of filler has been sanded. Never realized this was gonna be such a big job. And maybe I'm putting too much into it. But tomorrow should bring foam and material. Here is a pic after skimming and sanding. All smoothed out now!
  15. SmokeEater829

While I'm at it I decided to pull the armrest thing from under the rear windows and recover them too. I think they turned out pretty good. Just sitting in place, not installed yet.