•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by STANG3O2

1. S

My BII project

Now comes a question. The front brake lines were at least done right. But there's still a problem. They're longer but dangle and rub the tire. What's the best way to hold the front brake lines? For now I just loosely looped them through a zip tie off the coils. Yes a bad Idea but its all I had...
  2. S

My BII project

Well I've been finding little issues here and there on my new toy. First project was to replace the front axle. Junk is an understatement. First found one hub that was gutted. Pretty much every bearing was shot. Which come to find zero diff. fluid and shavings up the wazoo. And to top it off...
  3. S

Just picked up BII #2!

KM2's??? Honestly I don't even care what wheels they are. Hope they hold up to trail use. Cause there going to get the snot beat out of them! First project starts in two weeks once I have a free weekend. Front end is coming out of the White BII and into this one. Fallowed by welding up the...
  4. S

Just picked up BII #2!

Did some research last night and traced down some part numbers off the lift kit. To find what it actualy was. Turns out its a superlift 4.5" system. How good is it any pro's or cons? Is there any way to tweak it to make it better?
  5. S

Just picked up BII #2!

Will not be back home for a few day's. When I'm back I get a pic of it and post it up.
  6. S

Just picked up BII #2!

Shafts spin/not spin when wanted to. But we found both hub nuts to be completely loose. Preventing one hub from engaging. The other hub, well I couldn't believe my eyes. We poped it off and to are suprise it was gutted clean! There wasn't a dang thing in it. So we pulled a warn hub off my white...
  7. S

Just picked up BII #2!

Found a good deal this weekend. Piked up an have a 88 ford bronco II i bought if for 500 Truck its a five speed manual 4x4 v6 2.9L tires 33in mud tires super lift think six inch lift. Things got three darn bran new full size spare "Goodyear MTRs". It looks to have a 6" tough country lift. Of...
  8. S

Best seats for BII?

I try'd seats out of a cougar. And they are not direct fit. Need custom rails to make them work. But they are super comfy.
  9. S

3.8L going into my BII, Need help?

I was guessing that a 5.0 harness from an early explorer would work with the bII and in part the 3.8L. If they had the same sensors conections? Just a shot in the dark. Using the harness, computer for the 3.8L. Do I use the stock bronco harness for the rest of the truck. Like running two...
  10. S

3.8L going into my BII, Need help?

I'm ready to start tearing into my BII. I have two motors to chose from. A 104K mile out of a T-bird or a 140K mile out of a cougar 3.8L. Will be looking for a C4 to rebuild to put behind it. My main question right now is what do I use for a Harness? Will some of a 5.0 explorer harnes work on...
  11. S

89' Bronco 4x4?

Well I've known for a while that the fourwheel drive didn't work. Any way my brother borowed my bronco to go hunting the other day. When we got about 10 inches of snow. He eventualy got stuck out in the middle of my aunt and uncles field. Called me to come pull him out with my F350. So as I was...
  12. S

Seat instalation?

So no one has ever put different seats in there bronco's? Any information is greatly apreaciated.
  13. S

Seat instalation?

I thought my bucket seats from a 94' Cougar would fit. Went to swap seat mounts and they do not fit each other. So what do I need to do to get these seats to fit in my bronco? And how do you do it?
  14. S

Interiour?

What method did you use for getting down to bare metal? Grinder, sander, paint remover, sand blaster, excetera? I know you necessarily don't have to, could have just roughed up the paint. But it is a great Idea starting from scratch clean serface.
  15. S

Interiour?

Alright going off topic again. I've been thinking about lifts. And have realy come to like the chev. rear leaf spring mod cheap but a good one. I come from a mudding back ground. And have seen the bad side of running lift blocks! So I gues how much lift would you get out of the chev. leafs...