•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Just picked up BII #2!

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Found a good deal this weekend. Piked up an have a 88 ford bronco II i bought if for 500 Truck its a five speed manual 4x4 v6 2.9L tires 33in mud tires super lift think six inch lift. Things got three darn bran new full size spare "Goodyear MTRs". It looks to have a 6" tough country lift.

Of which some of it the kid lied about. No lockers or working 4x4. So tonight we looked into the 4x4 not working. And traced it down to the hubs. They were all loose! Fixed and put the warn hubs off my new BII. But still no 4x4? What could be wrong????????

Still don't know what rig I will go with and build up. Each has there faults but I think one good truck can be made of both. Heres the old b2.

Last edited:

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Both look nice, just do both and chop the top on one of them.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
are the shafts spinning? thats a good deal on that toy.. i just recently picked up my 4th one haha

TheNicky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Wow nice B2 you got your moneys worth just from the lift lol!

B2dangerous

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice score! If it's electric shift 4x4 make sure your electric motor on the back of the transfercase is working. Common problem with these electric motors is they get corrosion inside and stop working. There are directions in the tech section on taking them apart and cleaning.

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
are the shafts spinning? thats a good deal on that toy.. i just recently picked up my 4th one haha
Shafts spin/not spin when wanted to. But we found both hub nuts to be completely loose. Preventing one hub from engaging. The other hub, well I couldn't believe my eyes. We poped it off and to are suprise it was gutted clean! There wasn't a dang thing in it.

So we pulled a warn hub off my white bII and slaped it on. But still the same result, nothing. As far as we can tell the lockouts are working, there both warn hubs. The click free but they don't click and engage fully. I think they need to be cleaned out after reading some stuff on hear. They were packed with grease. So I'll give that a try this weekend.

On the other hand we found more damage to the front axle than I want to deal with. So I'm still playing with the idea of swaping the front axle. From the white one that is solid and tight into this new one for the time being.

Also one question on my 90'. I read that some 90's came factory with a d35 front? How do I tell the difference If mine is a 28 or 35? I doubt I'm that lucky but worth a look any way.

Another question. This bII is a manual tranfercase. Is it mechanicaly engaged or still electronicaly engaged with a lever?

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
looks good how come i can't find deals like that

Boggin

Reaction score
could you post a pic of your front diff?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
Nice deal on the BII man the lift or tires alone are worth that....easy.
Does the 2.9 run good? or does it need some work?

Last edited:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Dana 35 has 10 bolts outside the ring and pinion on the front dana 28 has 12

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Did some research last night and traced down some part numbers off the lift kit. To find what it actualy was. Turns out its a superlift 4.5" system. How good is it any pro's or cons? Is there any way to tweak it to make it better?

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Found a good deal this weekend. Piked up an have a 88 ford bronco II i bought if for 500 Truck its a five speed manual 4x4 v6 2.9L tires 33in mud tires super lift think six inch lift. Things got three darn bran new full size spare "Goodyear MTRs". It looks to have a 6" tough country lift.

Of which some of it the kid lied about. No lockers or working 4x4. So tonight we looked into the 4x4 not working. And traced it down to the hubs. They were all loose! Fixed and put the warn hubs off my new BII. But still no 4x4? What could be wrong????????

Still don't know what rig I will go with and build up. Each has there faults but I think one good truck can be made of both. Heres the old b2.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
KM2's???

Honestly I don't even care what wheels they are. Hope they hold up to trail use. Cause there going to get the snot beat out of them!

First project starts in two weeks once I have a free weekend. Front end is coming out of the White BII and into this one. Fallowed by welding up the rear end for now.

While I'm under there. Is there anything I can do to improve the superlift front parts?

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Vehicle
Ford
i believe that if you have the D35 the driver side drop plate in the superlift Kit will contact the pumpkin when bottomed out wich will result in a cracked differential housing. Coils are a little stiff too. if you search this web site you can find more info on the lift and find posts from people who run the same kit.

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Nevermind i wasnt paying attention. their goodyear wranglers.. good tires for sure!