•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by wadejake

1. wadejake

Running Rich

Welp, switched out the aftermarket injectors to a set of all original, 4 that were previously in this engine, 2 from a parts engine I just picked up. Definitely ran better and not as rich directly afterward. I haven't gotten data on the MPG yet, but it seems happier with the OGs already. Another...
  2. wadejake

Running Rich

Update: I replaced the ACT sensor with little to no change in the running rich issue. Waiting to have a little more time to do the injectors. When I took the old one out, I found that it was super gunked up with a bunch of black crap. I have taken off my intake hose between my air filter and...
  3. wadejake

Running Rich

Copy that, I'll return after doing the ACT and swapping back the old injectors. Thanks for the help!
  4. wadejake

Running Rich

I still have 5/6 original injectors, one broke upon removal or maybe before hand. I can try swapping them back in. Yeah the ones I bought were the cheapest ones I could find, so would be surprised if they were anything above rock bottom quality. Any good recommendations on replacements? Do...
  5. wadejake

Running Rich

Hello, I have a 1986 BII 2.9l 4x4 xlt blah blah blah that has been running rich all winter. On start up, and while running, if you are outside the car you can smell gas, like burnt gas not a leaking tank or anything. Spurts out a little bit of black crap on cold days from the exhaust, like sooty...
  6. wadejake

2.9L Reccuring Issues and Confusion

I apologize in my response time, a lot has happened. Kept pulling codes and changing various sensors, ended up changing MAP and ECT. Will be replacing the O2 sensor later, when I have the proper tools for it. (I do not consider an adjustable wrench in the parking lot to be proper lol.) It...
  7. wadejake

No CEL but I am going to pull codes this evening.
  8. wadejake

That was my thought, but I'm not getting any backfiring or black smoke when it's running well. When it does it's weird bad intermitted running, then it back fires but I'm not seeing any black smoke. It used to backfire all the time with the old fuel injectors, especially while in gear going...
  9. wadejake

Okay cool thanks for the info tw205. It's good to know there would be no advance if the SPOUT is grounding. I believe throughout this issue it has been advancing still. I bought a timely light, since renting one seems to be not an option here, and set it to 10* BTDC. It's running a lot better...
  10. wadejake

2.9L Recurring Issues after replacing parts and major confusion.

Hello. I have never posted here before, but I love y'all's info so I'm giving it a shot! I have a 1986(Midyear) BII XLT, 2.9L Manual, 4x4. In good shape with 170K miles. Ran good for the year prior until now. I was driving over a mountain pass, and lost power, felt like I was running on four...
  11. wadejake

Hello, I've never posted here before but I love the form and have used you guys to diagnose and fix many issues before! I would like to start by thanking y'all for your immense knowledge. I now come with an issue that I have not yet seen and am very confused about. I have a 1986(mid-year) BII...