•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. '84 Bronco II

2.8L Power? Why is my rebuilt 2.8L so slow...

Also, I will try and take a look to see what size jets are currently in my carburetor.
  2. '84 Bronco II

Okay Bobby, now I see where the confusion is, 2.8Ls don't have timing chains, they have timing gears. The distributor I have now is a rebuilt unit from Autozone and I don't believe it to be a very high quality rebuild. After reading up on timing curves and such, I am pretty suspicious of the...
  3. '84 Bronco II

I am not sure what you think I should have been checking for by turning the engine. I had to rotate the crank to set the valve lash and I never noticed anything abnormal. I still don't understand how I could have gotten the cam timing off? The crank and cam are each keyed to their respective...
  4. '84 Bronco II

Thanks for the replies everyone. I almost forgot about this thread. MastuhWaffles, I am not running break in oil. I was a bit concerned that maybe that is what I did wrong, but there has not been any metallic particles in the oil, which I have changed several times since the rebuild. Do you...
  5. '84 Bronco II

Also, I have removed all of the emissions components, and converted it to a duraspark ignition system. I am using a Motorcraft 2150 carburetor with a 1.08 Venturi.
  6. '84 Bronco II

Hello, It has been a while since I have posted on TRS, but I think this is probably the best place to ask about my 2.8L. My 2.8L was pressurizing the crank case about a year ago and blowing oil out about as fast as I could dump it back in. In addition, it was pretty gutless, and had some...
  7. '84 Bronco II

4.0L into 2.8L '84 Bronco II.

My current 2.8L is dying fast and I need to either rebuild it or swap in a 4.0L. I am happy enough with the 2.8L around town, but it leaves me wanting on the highway and when I am running in the sand. Currently I have 35's a 4"lift and a 4 speed Toyo Kogyo with 3.73's. I want to put a 5 speed...
  8. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

Looking good:icon_thumby: How are you liking the rebuilt engine? I am debating whether to rebuild mine or go through the hassle of a 4.0L swap. I am not looking to win an races, but I would like it to get out of its own way... Also, where did you get your engine rebuilt at?
  9. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

Yeah, I already have the 8.8 in, I picked it up for $75 from a junkyard in Alamogordo. I just need to make some time to go back for the Dana 35. I am surprised I have not broken my Dana 28 yet though... It was only a week after I went to 35s that I blew up my 7.5 :shok:
  10. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

I usually wheel out in the Robledo mountains or the Dona Anas. Basically the same places they do the Chile Challenge. Right now I am kind of limited on the trails I can run because I need to swap my Dana 28 for a Dana 35 and re-gear to 5.13's, but I can still do the easier trails out here for now.
  11. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

I thought you might be judging from your user name. I am in Las cruces:icon_thumby: When you get your bronco II back together you should hit me up and hit some of the trails down here.
  12. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

Sounds good:icon_thumby: By the way, where are you located?
  13. '84 Bronco II

86 bronco II build

Awesome Bronco II! Looks like it is heading in the same direction as mine :icon_thumby:
  14. '84 Bronco II

James Duff or SkyJacker

I'm looking into getting either the 3" stage 2 or 3 James Duff lift for my Bronco II or the 4" class 2 skyjacker lift. My bronco II is a daily driver, but I also wheel the snot out of it whenever and where ever I can. I want to run 35's and I have Bushwacker cut-out flares. So I want to hear...
  15. '84 Bronco II

Duraspark, Sans the Spark? What's Going On!?

Woooo! My truck is finally running again:headbang: I found out that the wires on the plug end from the '70's ford truck on my harness from the distributor to the module were not in the same order as the module! I remade the harness and took great care to make sure that the wires matched and it...
  16. '84 Bronco II

Thanks for the advice, I found out that my wires from the harness I built from the module to the distributor were not matching up. This is strange because when I built this harness I was careful to make sure that the two ends of the harness had the colors of the wires corresponding, but the...
  17. '84 Bronco II

The way I reinstalled the distributor, with the rotor in the same position, I don't think I need to set my engine at top dead center with my timing at zero, right? I have a four speed manual, so it's not going to be related to the transmission. I have tried three different coils on my truck...
  18. '84 Bronco II

Before I pulled the old distributor out, I made a mark on the fire wall where the rotor was pointing, and then I put the new distributor in so the rotor was pointing to the same place. Now the truck has not moved at all, so this should be ok, right? The positive side of the coil is indeed...
  19. '84 Bronco II

So, after reading up on how wonderful and easy the duraspark swap would be on my 1984 Bronco II, I decided I would give it a try. So, I quickly gathered all the necessary parts for my ignition swap venture; the motocraft 2100, the pinto distributor and coil, and the wonderful blue-grommet...