•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

86 bronco II build

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Took a few pictures of a Bronco II racing at the sand drags

:icon_thumby:

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Im located in El Paso Tx the tip of west texas . Lots of desert long trails and sand :) hot as hell tho, oh also is it a bolt on to swap the thicker radiator from the explorer with the auto trany to keep the engine temp down???
I thought you might be judging from your user name. I am in Las cruces:icon_thumby: When you get your bronco II back together you should hit me up and hit some of the trails down here.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sweet hell ya i have been looking for other RBV to wheel with, not many are around, my buddy has a 92 explorer that he did a 4 in lift on but he blew the dang trany so its down and out. I should have it out this weekend and gonna break in the new clutch and engine on it. Were do you wheel at? I have been wanting to do Dona Ana trails :icon_cheers:

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
I usually wheel out in the Robledo mountains or the Dona Anas. Basically the same places they do the Chile Challenge. Right now I am kind of limited on the trails I can run because I need to swap my Dana 28 for a Dana 35 and re-gear to 5.13's, but I can still do the easier trails out here for now.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
the dana 35 swap is not very difficult at all, i got my 8.8 and dana 35 as a package at a salvage yard for 250 the pair. I have always wanted to try the trails that are by the chile challenge. In sooner than later doing 5.13 gears also :headbang:

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Yeah, I already have the 8.8 in, I picked it up for $75 from a junkyard in Alamogordo. I just need to make some time to go back for the Dana 35. I am surprised I have not broken my Dana 28 yet though... It was only a week after I went to 35s that I blew up my 7.5 :shok:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ya 7.5's are weak. lets see how long this last before moving up to a dana 44 ttb knuckles

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
thanks to eddie_88 i have no more pains carring my welder in and out of the house :D

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Alright so here is an update that i have been waiting for........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................its Running ! I have no exhaust on it right now so its loud as hell, it needs alignment and need to set the timing :) Over all took it for a spin around the block and it was sweet :) cant wait till i get the 5.13 its a dog right now, hopefully i can get everything working good this weekend and maybe hit a trail :) here is some pics

i only took two pics since i had just got out of school, lets see ... tomorrow , weld up the exhaust, the d shackle , put in the stereo , get aligned and put some premium gas to level out the old gas

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
welded up the exhaust today , i like how the flowmaster makes it sound :) also left it dumped , tied up a few lose things here and their and it seems that everything is coming out nice, but slow since the wind kicked up and sand and welding dont get along i wasnt able to weld the shock tabs for the rear, tomorrow we will see what gets done here is some more pics

:icon_welder:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ya since i saw your little shopping cart idea , i was like hell im tired of lugging around my welder in and out , not only that i put my helmet and gloves and all the tools i need to do everything with and than put it back in the cart and push it back in! your my hero , today's clean up was like 5 minutes , it was awesome lol and my back thanks ya too :icon_cheers: id buy you some beer if you were anywhere close to me lol

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
glad i could be of some help....i'm still working on mine, gotta add some more stuff, but it's pretty much done. i gotta add some rails or something, if i get wild with it, the welder falls off

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
welded in the shock brackets and put the shocks on, man what a difference no shocks compared to shocks. also trimmed the fenders a little more just in case. took it for a drive and i am extremely happy. The 3.73 gears and 37's arent bad, the clutch is nicely set up so its really simple to drive but it is a slouch( cant wait to get the 5.13 gear :) might be sooner that i taught , my girlfriend is paying for the gears and cage ). I only took it up to 3rd gear and everything feels sturdy, still need the alignment and inspection , the temp guage is reading at between m-a so it kinda worries me since its almost 3/4 but my buddy told me that it was the clutch fan? what do you guys think???

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Its ready no more overheating the brakes are bleed and she is purring:) I got an appointment with the guy for the alignment on Friday and tomorrow for the registration :) drove her a good amount today make sure the fan was working good. its ready to rock and roll :) sat im gonna drive her out to my dads house which is a hour drive an brake her is some more :) Its been a busy week with finals for the semester here and working on the truck :)

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
lol ya , well im getting an itch for a truck so im right now split between a extended cab ranger or a f150 extended cab. I dunno, but any ways this BII still has some goodies comming to it. When money permits, the cage, 5.13 and pre runner fenders, new hid's, roof rack and on board air from vivair.:icon_bounceblue:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well i got it aligned :) and had some time to mount my high lift

also wanted to put my jumper cables and some tools in the back and to keep it from being all over the place i mounted two military ammo cans and perfect fit :)

I going to take it out this week end and see how it does on some sand and on some rocks :):yahoo:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I little progress today, got my other d shackle welded in and bolted in my battery box from ruff stuff. Everything went smooth tomorrow just going to mount my large ammo box to carry spare fluids and going to make the wholes for my front license plate :D Week end is almost here almost time to take it wheeling.:icon_bounceblue:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Alright well today i ended up doing something different
I put my cheappy walmart deck in to play some tunes it sounds good for 40 bucks :)