•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

86 bronco II build

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
the cd player in my EX has been screwing up lately. i cant listen to a cd right after i put it in, i have to wait 30 minutes or so. it flickers too. been thinking about gettin that same one, hope it lasts. lol

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ya i hope it last also but overall i hope it just last since its only a trail rig but time will tell

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i like it for the usb input. my ipod is old as shit, like it's one of the first ones that came out and plugging it in is the only way it will work. should work fine. just buy a new one if it stops working and put the old one in the box and return it. F walmart, they can take a $40 loss

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Oh just came back inside and bolted on another larger ammo can for spare fluids :)

oh its coming along quite nicely

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i like it for the usb input. my ipod is old as shit, like it's one of the first ones that came out and plugging it in is the only way it will work. should work fine. just buy a new one if it stops working and put the old one in the box and return it. F walmart, they can take a $40 loss
lol i lost my receipt for it i bought this deck like 2 years ago so ya lol

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
oh, well i got nothing then lol

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
here is my optima battery mount from ruff stuff

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well I took it wheeling today and wow me and my girl were impressed. 4high it wasnt good but 4 low was awesome. We did a 3 hour trail and i took the hardest obstacles on all of them and made it out great. i did have to push the truck a little hard due to lack of gears but still did awesome. I did encounter one problem which was it is overheating. We rode for like 1 hour and when i turned it off figured out that my radiator hose had been cut due to the rotation assemble so we had to do a quick trail repair but from their on every time i turned the truck off it would spill the water over but while driving it would stay a little above half. It seemed like the moment i turned it off it would start to boil over. I didnt get to take many pictures but one of the guys got me lifting one of my tires and he is going to be sending it to me after he uploaded it. I only took 2 pics but here they are.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
well just got a chance to look at the truck and i chunked the tires pretty good, they hit up against the passage side floor mounts and took some chunks off, also going to have to trim the rear fenders more because they rubbed a tad but over all very little body damage, bent up both fenders but it was a blast doing so.:icon_bounceblue:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Throw some 4.88's in it and you'll be real surprised.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ya im planing 5.13's withe aussie up front and full spool in the back :) hopefully soon when money is available.

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Looking good:icon_thumby:

How are you liking the rebuilt engine?
I am debating whether to rebuild mine or go through the hassle of a 4.0L swap. I am not looking to win an races, but I would like it to get out of its own way...

Also, where did you get your engine rebuilt at?

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My friends has a shop ,so he rebuilt mine, truth to be i dont mind the 2.9 specially for only off roading. With the 5.13 i think it would be more than enough for me but im getting the thought of boosting the 2.9 for a while. Running a small 300zx or 3000gt turbo with a fmu to supply gas. Over all the fmu takes the hassle off of tuning , a little extra hp for cheap. I have alot of parts left over from my boosted cars so i figured i might start putting something together. First tho i want to address the heating issue. While running on the road and on highway it doesnt overheat but when slow trailing it runs hot and the moment I turn it of the temp spikes and water starts to spew. I mean we did a slight porting to the heads and intake manifold but not too extreme. Im going to go pick up a radiator from an explorer and a new water pump and see if this helps cause I dont like running hot. Im thinking of a 2 in body lift for extra clearance cause i rubbed more than I was comfortable with in the front. We will see what happens, first radiator and water pump , then 2in bodylift 5.13's spool and locker and then maybe boost. Truth to be I was really surprised what this truck could do in 4low. Once the gears are in I think it will surprise me all over again. :icon_bounceblue:

Hay Boys Racin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1988/2011
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0/6.2
Nice Bronco man! You will love the 5:13's, I had them in my 88 Ranger on 38's. They are a little low for the street but perfect for the trails, espically when you get it locked in :icon_cheers:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks man, ya also i was wondering what type of gas mileage are you guys getting? my gas gauge doesnt work so im trying to figure out how many miles per tank to expect.:icon_twisted: Cant wait till 5.13 and locker and spool come in :)

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
here is two more pics from last week end

:icon_cheers:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
just finished changing out the water pump with a new one, new hoses and the main finally the 3 row aluminum radiator that i got off of ebay.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

So thanks to the radiator the truck doesnt even think of over heating :D I have been wheeling it for the past month with no problems, drive it all around town.
I put new brakes in the front. They were really bad so new pads and rotors got done.
Now going to start taking it apart again. I am going to be fabbing some extended radius arms, roof rack, swap out the springs for some 6 in springs Super lift, get the extreme drop pitman arm, mod the drop plate so it wont puncture the diff and rock sliders. During it being taken apart my buddy is going to set up the 5.13 gears and aussie up front and the spool in the rear. I was also thinking of making some bump stops like the jeeps, inside the coil bucket gonna try it out to keep the front diff safe.

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
thats a nice radiator how much did it set you back? when my truck was running I was having a little bit of an overheating problem and I think I might upgrade the radiator while I got it apart

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
it wasnt that bad, $150 that i am extremely satisfied with. :icon_welder: I need to get cracking on the new additions so it can be all done before before early September.