•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

Wheel and tire Options

So bottom line. What wheels have a more favorable offset to put the tires further out on the B2?
  2. B

Wheel and tire Options

Ok.. Knowing the BII has a bit of a history for rolling I want to change the wheels at some point on it. I assume explorer axles are wider and put the tires out further but the same could be done with a different offset wheel. My question is, does anyone know off hand of a stock ford wheel...
  3. B

4.0L Swap Question

Nuff said.. I can understand that language. Speed density is great for power, bad for adaptation. I would really like to do this swap but I have a good running 2.9L in my donor BII right now so I will just put it in for now and maybe plan on the 4.0L down the road some time. Thanks..
  4. B

4.0L Swap Question

OK.. I am not stranger to engines, engine swaps and getting greasy so I can handle the technical answer. My question is. If the 2.9L and 4.0L are both Cologne V6's why can't I just swap the intake and wiring from a 2.9 onto the 4.0? Or just the 4.0L short block into the BII? Why must you do...
  5. B

Bronco II 2wd to 4wd. how hard?

Thanks.. I probably wont do the swap.. I wil probably just get the 4x4 going with the 2wd's engine and tranny since I dont know the condition of the 4x4's tranny. Since neither of them are rusted hulks it shouldnt be a big deal.. We dont rust that bad here in Oklahoma.. With any luck I will...
  6. B

So the A4LD wont hold up behind a 4 Liter? I know they are not the strongest around but are they that bad? Will the Explorer engine and tranny bolt right in? I assume you have to use the 2.9L intake and electronics? I am not wanting to do this right away but I plan on keeping this thing for...
  7. B

Ok.. I am going to have to put some thought into how to work this. The 4x4 has a blown motor but it has a strait but ugly body. The 2wd has an excellent body and nice paint from the fenders back but it has been hit in the drivers front and the frame rail end is bent up. The person that has it...
  8. B

So the transfer case in the 2 wheel ones are just dummy cases? Meaning I will not be able to just put the drive shafts in it? Still not a huge obsticle I am just trying to figure the reasoning for having a dummy transfer case in them. Odd..
  9. B

I am possibly buying two BroncoII's. One is a 2wd with a good engine, the other is a 4x4 with a blown engine. If the 2wd is nicer, how hard is it to swap it over to 4wheel. I know the 2 wheel ones already hvae the transfer case in them from what I read so it is just as simple as moving the...