•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. bronco_lou

b2 4.0 ?

If you could start with a 89 or 90, it would cut out a lot of work. Louis
  2. bronco_lou

Stumped

How about clogged injectors? My 4.0 sat out of the truck for some time before I got it and dropped into my bronco, started off running only on 3 cyl, then one by one over a few days of starting and letting it idle the other 3 cyl got in the game. Just an Idea Louis
  3. bronco_lou

tranny question

You would want 4r55e. 4r44e was used behind 4 cyl.
  4. bronco_lou

b2 4.0 ?

A sending unit from a 94 explorer dropped right in my 88 tank. I think you only have to change the tank on a 84. Louis
  5. bronco_lou

weird fuel pump problem??

Do you mean you turned the key on, they started running and then stopped? If so that is what they do until you start to crank the engine. Louis
  6. bronco_lou

Throttle Problems

Why don't you pull the codes from the computer and let it tell you what is wrong. Louis
  7. bronco_lou

So close I can taste it.

94 explorer harness does go to the inertia switch. not sure about the ranger. Louis
  8. bronco_lou

So close I can taste it.

Are you using the 4.0 computer?
  9. bronco_lou

Shift boot

You can look at a CV joint boot. Louis
  10. bronco_lou

4.0 in my 84 with a 2.8? t-case?

I used the dash and complete wiring harness from a 94 explorer in my 88 Bii, there is a few holes you need to drill in the body for parts of the harness to pass through, but it is not that hard to do. Once you have the explorer harness and dash in it's plug and play :) Louis
  11. bronco_lou

exploder idle issues

pull the codes and see it the tps is the problem or something else, I cleaned my MAF with vinegar and what a difference it made, no more hesitation. Louis
  12. bronco_lou

4.0 swap harness/trans question

What if I trade you a computer for the transfer case? Louis
  13. bronco_lou

4.0 swap harness/trans question

The only thing will be that the computer will toss a code....I think there is a way to make the computer think an auto is hooked up, I think I saw it on here but don't remember where. Maybe someone else will chime in with the info. Louis
  14. bronco_lou

dang ole exploder tranny

Shift solenoid controls 3 to 4th shift. Here is a possible list of problems 1. Improper fluid level 2. kickdown system damaged 3. governor valve sticking 4. intermediate band out of adjustment 5. vacuum leak to diphragm unit 6. vacuum diphragm bent, sticking, leaks I would look at 1, 5 and 6...
  15. bronco_lou

Anti-freeze in heating hoses

I don't want to Hijack this thread but I just noticed that I have what seems to be brake fluid in my Master Cyl, Do I need to bleed some air from my tires? Please help. Louis :)
  16. bronco_lou

exploder tranny

the computer bumps up the rpm when it is dropped in gear, it is made that way...if your idle is too high in gear, you might have to adjust it. Louis
  17. bronco_lou

exploder tranny

the computer
  18. bronco_lou

2.9 vs 4.0

Now that I am almost finished with my 4.0 install, I thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the 2.9 and 4.0. Has anyone tested the 0 to 60 time for the 2.9 and the 4.0? If not would some of you all be willing to post your times for your 2.9 and 4.0 broncos? I should have...
  19. bronco_lou

Oil Pan Seal

Pull the motor. Louis
  20. bronco_lou

Bronco II Spare Tire Carrier

Look at it to see where its loose at, I think new there was some sort of rubber to take up the gaps, I replaced the spring to take out the slop on the release handle so it would not rattle ( as much) maybe you could take a small hose and split it to take up some slop where the round tube locks...