•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. bronco_lou

2.9 vs 4.0

Now that I am almost finished with my 4.0 install, I thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the 2.9 and 4.0. Has anyone tested the 0 to 60 time for the 2.9 and the 4.0? If not would some of you all be willing to post your times for your 2.9 and 4.0 broncos? I should have...
  2. bronco_lou

4.0 not running on cyl 2 and 6

Hello all, I have a 88 bronco II that I just swapped in a 94 4.0, the truck has the complete wiring harness from the 94 explorer. I just cranked it up for the first time tonight and it’s not running on cyl 2 and 6. The engine was pulled about one year ago from a rolled explorer and has sat in a...
  3. bronco_lou

4.0 year? how to tell

Ok quick question for all the 4.0 experts, how do you tell what year engine you have? I have one, from what I was told was a 94, but I was just looking at the explorer book and it says that 96 and on the rear seal is flush with the back of the block....mine is flush. Now I don't know if someone...
  4. bronco_lou

2.9 with edis?

Does anyone know of someone that has changed a 2.9 to edis? I am in the process of putting a complete wiring harness from a 94 explorer in my 88 bronco ii, I plan on someday putting in a 4.0 but for now I am going to run my 2.9. I need to look at the computer pin outs and see if there is a easy...
  5. bronco_lou

94 Explorer parts in a 88 bronco II

OK, I opened a big can of worms and looking for a little information. I have a 88 bronco II and after doing a little looking around on here I decided it would be cool to put in a newer dash. I got a dash from a 93 explorer and proceeded to do the swap. After buying two books and pulling half my...
  6. bronco_lou

column shift on bII

Were all of the auto trans bronco's from 89 on, column shift? also does anyone have a trick to get the little pin out so I can flip my shift lever down on the trans so I can hook up the cable shifter? Thanks, Louis
  7. bronco_lou

Wiring harness ends

Does anyone know of a source for replacement ends on the harness (plug connectors)? I have a few in the engine bay on my 88 Bronco II that have the little ears broken off and would like to replace them. Thanks, Louis
  8. bronco_lou

radio swap into 88 bronco II

I did a search and did not come up with anything, Does anyone know what radio that is better than the stock am/fm cass from any ford model will plug right in to the bronco harness? Thanks, Lou
  9. bronco_lou

need a headliner

Hey Bronco II owners, what are you all doing with the old ratty headliners in your trucks? I got one from a JY and it is very delicate, part of it is crumbling. I am at a loss as to how to cure this problem. Any ideas and advice is welcome. Lou
  10. bronco_lou

88 transfer case question

Does anyone know what are the wires for that come out from the 2wd transfer case by the speedo cable? is it a speed sensor? Thanks, Lou
  11. bronco_lou

Interior mods to B2

Hello all, Looking for a little info...I went to the junkyard today and snagged a dome light and center console from a 95 explorer, dome light fit fine with a little mod to the old b2 and it looks like the console will fit with a little fab work. Does anyone know what year explorer had the...