•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Spitfire1975

This may be one of those dumb questions....

but how do I hook my transfer case shifter linkage back up? 86 bronco II with the manual t-case. I took it off a while ago to do a transmission switch, and thought I had it hooked up right, but the 4x4 wasn't working. Tried to fix it, still no luck. When I attempt this again, in what position...
  2. Spitfire1975

Automatic to manual t-case wiring

Several years ago, when I put my Bronco II together (1986), I removed the automatic hubs/transfer case set up and put in all manual. I never did mess with the wiring, so I do not have a dash light telling me when I am in 4x4 mode...not that I need an idiot light telling me what my truck is...
  3. Spitfire1975

Computer issues??

So...my '86 2.9 5 speed has recently developed an issue I need to resolve. I have not yet taken the time to pull codes, etc... but this truck has had dang near every sensor replaced, compression is good, vacuum is good, exhaust is all new (including cats), fuel pressure regulator and high...
  4. Spitfire1975

Engine & Tranny Removal

Is it possible to remove, out the engine compartment, the engine, transmission and y-pipe as one complete unit? sure seems like it would be easier than laying on your back fighting frozen exhaust bolts, hard to reach transmission bolts and then wrestling the transmission back onto the engine.
  5. Spitfire1975

2.9 engine miss?

I have a 2.9 That overall runs very well. I have a problem where the engine will misfire(?), usually in 3rd or 4th gear while under heavy load (quick acceleration or towing). It will do it only once or twice, but consistently. Pulled codes and only getting a 31. Replaced EGR and EGR Position...
  6. Spitfire1975

lower freeway mpg's?

got an 86 bronco II 2.9 with 5 speed manual toyo kogyo and 3.73's. Get's 18'ish average town driving yet 16'ish on the freeway (60-70 mph). Any ideas as to why and what I should maybe be looking for in the way of tuneup or repairs?
  7. Spitfire1975

Differential swap advice

Kinda new at this...Was thinking of swapping out 3.73's (LS) for 3.45's in my 86 B2. Obviously need to do both front and rear. What all is involved in swapping the front third members? Could it possibly be as easy as exchanging the pumpkins or am I going to be disconnecting the entire front end...