•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. kimcrwbr1

Help: duraspark conversion

What coil are you using if not internally reasisted it needs a ballast resistor. If you still have the stock coil (square TFI) just install it and forget about it.
  2. kimcrwbr1

All the computer wires are gone at the grey 8 wire connector by the coil there are a couple hots use the key on hot for the coil. the other wires ar for the guage senders and alternator to regulator. You only need to cut a couple wires from that connector to compleetely remove the computer...
  3. kimcrwbr1

Yea I was messing with the vacuum line for my auto tranny it is right next to the dizzy when the engine was running and I knocked a plug wire up on the cap it didnt shock my hand but I was leaning close to the fender. Put it this way I now know what it means to get it knocked in the dirt. The...
  4. kimcrwbr1

I am using the stock TFI coil without resistor.
  5. kimcrwbr1

Have you removed the complete computer wiring? the only wires you need to cut from the 8 wire connector by the coil are for the computer hopefull you cut them long for future use? I just connected the two wire connector the red and white are backwards but still correct. I used the computer power...
  6. kimcrwbr1

Our 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 build thread. From Junk to almost glory.

Is the cinder block and 2x4 to hold the door closed of just holding it level for the pics:-) Sorry just had to.
  7. kimcrwbr1

Low oil pressure once warm????

If you put a quart of lucas oil stabilizer with oil changes will help but yea a new oil filter will bump the pressure up a little also. I am gonna put some seafoam in here in the near future just before my next oil change to try and quiet the chatter but I think a long block would be the best...
  8. kimcrwbr1

Duraspark distributer vacuum line

I just go by personal experience with the 2.8 and my truck runs best at 10DBTDC base timing with the vacuum advance connected to ported vacuum on a nonfeedback carb. The best gain in performance was putting in the #42 high speed jets and adjust the idle air needles for the highest rpm possible...
  9. kimcrwbr1

Duraspark distributer vacuum line

The vacuum advance is for performance not economy. You can hook it to either the vacuum tree (manifold vacuum) or ported off the carb normally the port out the choke side on the base of the carb. At around 700 rpms and the vacuum hose disconnected and plugged from the distributor time the engine...
  10. kimcrwbr1

Some Duraspark questions

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcraft-and-Autolite-Jets-pair-/321276627438?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acd9449ee&vxp=mtr
  11. kimcrwbr1

Some Duraspark questions

If the module has two connectors a four and two wire it will work. Get some # 42 jets for the carb and the carb spacer felpro # 60529 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fel-Pro-60529-Carburetor-Base-Gasket-/281240583006?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417b3ebb5e&vxp=mtr The spacer has...
  12. kimcrwbr1

Low oil pressure once warm????

As long as it is not getting a loud lifter noise the upper end is getting plenty of oil. It has solid lifters so you would know if it wasnt getting oil up there. How high does the water temp guage go when fully warm? Take a long screwdriver and listen to the lifters just touch different areas...
  13. kimcrwbr1

Finally doing the duraspark

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1983-Ford-Ranger-2WD/A-C-Heater-Blower-Motor-Resistor/_/N-ikqm8Z91tag
  14. kimcrwbr1

Sounds like the heater resistor needs replaced it is on the firewall it couls also be just a bad/dirty connector...
  15. kimcrwbr1

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/2_8Duraspark.html
  16. kimcrwbr1

Take your time on the wiring, there is a grey 8 wire connector close to the ignition coil unplug it and strip the harness back to the alternator. Then remove the computer on the bulkhead in front of the passenger door. You will need to remove all the computer wiring so pull the bolts for the...
  17. kimcrwbr1

Anyone with a manual choke on their 2.8L

Just a side note when messing with the choke leave the air temp senser plugged in on the air filter housing or the computer will need to be reset. To reset the computer just disconnect the neg battery terminal on the battery for 1/2 an hour.
  18. kimcrwbr1

Anyone with a manual choke on their 2.8L

If your still running the computer first you need to see it is getting power with the engine running. The choke relay is located by the start solenoid and is subject to corrosion. It provides a pulsing voltage to the choke thermostat when the engine is running. If it has the stock choke...
  19. kimcrwbr1

Duraspark issue

Carb spacer felpro #60529 with a new carb gasket, lightly surface the base of the carb put the spacer, gasket nad carb on then slowly just snug it down do not overtighten it. Probably the most common mistake is reusing the old gasket and getting the carb too tight it bends the ears and will...
  20. kimcrwbr1

Duraspark issue

A easy vacuum leak to miss is on the back of the EGR spacer under the brake booster hose and points straight toward the firewall. It is supposed to go to the vapor cannister by the radiator. If the solenoid is stuck open it is a vacuum leak just put a cap on the nipple and see if your vacuum...