•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. R

2.3 swap into bronco II

ok guys i have a 85 bronco 4x4 with a blown 2.8 and a overdrive tranny from an 87 bronco. i also have a rolled 93 ranger 2.3 with a 5speed. i love the 2.3 and it runs like a top. how hard would it be to swap the ranger motor and manual trans in the bronco? it is not a street legal and dont car...
  2. R

A4LD bellhousing change?

ok so i broke the bellhousing in my 85 bronco II. i have another trans with a good bell. how hard is it to swap them? i was told that they have an internal pump and a trans shop needed to do the swap. true or can i do it myself? thanks rough
  3. R

will the bellhousing switch?

ok i broke the bellhousing on my 85 bronco II with the 2.8. it has the overdrive automatic trans in it. my question is will the bellhousing form the 99 explorer 4.0 work? they look the same but Just wondered.... thanks for all help in advance
  4. R

auto trans parts questions

ok so i decided to put a c5 from a 84 bronco II 4X4 in my 85 bronc that had a a4ld that crapped out. both trans are out but how cna i tell the differnce between the flex plates and torque convertors? they are side by side now. i hed everything seperated but my little bro cleaned the shop and put...
  5. R

auto trans switch to a standard?

ok i have a 85 bronco II 4x4 that is automatic with overdrive (a4ld?). i want to swap a standard shift trans into mine. i have a 84 bronco II 4x4 with a standard trans in it. how hard is it to swap over? its a rough truck so i can do some mods...... it looks like the hole is there for the clutch...
  6. R

anyway to fix busted bellhousing?

ok i have a 85 bronco II with a 2.8 and a overdrive trans, its my rough truck and i noticed tonight that the bellhousing is broke on the passenger side bottom bolt. is there anyway to fix this or jsut cut my loss and get another trans? thanks
  7. R

will a 66 289 bolt to a 85 bronco II trans?

is it that the trans wont bolt or the torque converter? ho far is it off? thanks
  8. R

automatic with overdrive
  9. R

will it bolt up and if not what would it intail to do it? i have a 289 from a galaxie and wanted to put it in my rough truck! but dont want to break alot of stuff and a 289 isnt real powerful so thought it might work well! thanks
  10. R

way over heated bronco II

the hoses are new and i have popped the hood and the hoses are not collapsed. the water pump is a possibility. i will check it thanks
  11. R

way over heated bronco II

ok my rough truck is getting over heated. i have always had this problem since i have had it. i run 50/50 antifreeze so its not that. i took the thermostat out and that helped. i run an electric fan from the front of the radiator. it was running right at 200 all last season. so this year i got...
  12. R

starter issues

Ok i am pretty sure that Earl and I are talking about the same thing, its got some metal sound to it, but its like it doesnt have enough battery to turn it and its turning hard with the metal sound i will just drag it to the shop and drop the starter and see waht the problem is.... thanks
  13. R

starter issues

Ok i went to start my 85 bronco II the other day and it cranks hard, its like the starter is set to deep and its binding, i noticed it last summer but it only does it when its cold or first start it after setting for a week or so in the summer. Is it indeed set to deep and needs shimmed or is...
  14. R

Dana 35 take the stress/weight of a 302?

ok i have a 85 bronco II that i have a 302 in but i keep breaking u joints in the front end and tearing up hubs also. i rough truck thsi bronco so it has alot of weight coming down on the nose. my question is will a dana 35 take the torque of the 302 and take the weight of it when i land hard...
  15. R

What axle for straight axle swap on 85 bronco II

what rear end do you use to put a straight axle under the front of my bronco II. the pumpkin on the drivers side has me stumped on choices of rear ends. thanks
  16. R

bronco II wont run!

ok my rough truck died on the track lst time out but started after a munch of pumping. ran rough to the trailer then when i unloaded i the next day it ran ok. sat for 2 weeks then runs really bad now! wont hardly start then it runs like its not getting fuel. took the line off carb and pump seems...
  17. R

chained front suspension

ok i have a 85 bronco II that i rough truck........... i saw on another guys Bronco he welded c hain on the frame and on the arm that comes back from the front end (trailing arm) but ur not suppose to weld heat bend this? Correct? i want to do this to keep the front end from falling all the way...
  18. R

a4ld shift question?

ok i have an a4ld that has sat for awhile i bought it and didnt know any info about it. its in a 4x4 bronco II when it is in 2 wheel drive it doesnt shift until 4000 RPM. is there something wrong or could it be a shift kit? i dont know much about these Ford transmissions so bare with me...... it...
  19. R

how do i get it out?

it is running really hot so the radiator maybe plugged! it is running 280 on my thermostat after sitting running for 30 minutes so the radiator maybe junk! any input?
  20. R

how do i get it out?

ok i have a mud truck iam building with the 2.8 in it. the bronco set for probably a year with \out running. i started it up last night and had all kinds of rust in the radiator. i pulled the radiator hoses off and stuck a water hose down the top hose a rinsed the motor out till the water was...