•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. AZFX4

91 4.0 running rough when in gear

So I finished my 91 4.0 swap into my 90 bronco II the engine purrs like a kitten at idle and will rev pretty good, but when I drop it into gear it stutters and acts like it wants to stall. I have checked for vacuum leaks and have cleaned the IAC to no avail. It is also running very rich and has...
  2. AZFX4

Help me out here

Not getting much response on the TRS side. Im having some issues with the wiring on my 4.0 swap. My donor was a 91 explorer and my B2 is a 90. everything is hooked up but when I hook up the single wire from the alternator to the starter relay the battery starts cooking. From everything I have...
  3. AZFX4

Torque converter question

So im in the middle of a 4.0 swap on my 1990 BII. When I pulled the engine from the explorer the torque converter stayed on the back of the engine instead of coming off with the trany. All the fluid in the T.C. has leaked out. Im about to put the engine into my bronco and need to know if I need...
  4. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Well here it is. I bought this B2 for 150$ about 2 years ago. I would say ive gotten my moneys worth. She was a good little wheeler in stock form but finally decided it was time to UPGRADE! Heres what she looked like before I got started.
  5. AZFX4

linear rate or variable rate coils?

So which is better? Linear or variable rate springs? I have heard both are better and both are worse anyone have thoughts on this?
  6. AZFX4

trac bar question?

For anyone who has done a SAS using radius arms I have a question about trac bar placement. I am in the process of mocking up my axle for my 90 B2. It looks to me like the trac bar would have to go below the engine cross member as opposed to in front of it. Any thoughts?
  7. AZFX4

What gears to use?

Ok so im in the middle of swapping a 4.0 into my 1990 B2 I will be using a stock auto tranny and stock transfer case. I will be running a full width dana 44 HP in the front and an 8.8 out back. I would like to run 35-37 inch tires. I am in need of new gears in both sets of axles. Any advice on...
  8. AZFX4

DANA 28/35 differences

So besides the obvious difference on the drivers side is there any difference on the passenger side? Can a D28 right side be used with a D35 left side?
  9. AZFX4

My 4.0 swap

Ok after a lot of research I have decided to tackle the 4.0 swap. I found a 91 explorer that runs with 95k on the odo. It is an auto and 4x4 so should be a perfect donor for my 1990 B2. Im also going to be doing an SAS to full width axles front and rear. Im going to try and document it...
  10. AZFX4

Full size 8.8

Anyone know what differences there are between an 8.8 from and explorer and an 8.8 from a full size bronco? Besides the width...