•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. C

I saw your thread start on the V-8 swap. Did you do this? Did you use the ZF transmission...

I saw your thread start on the V-8 swap. Did you do this? Did you use the ZF transmission? How did it go? I'd love to hear back. Thanks,
  2. C

I saw your thread sstart on the ZF trans. Sorry to see that it didn't go anywhere. Did you do...

I saw your thread sstart on the ZF trans. Sorry to see that it didn't go anywhere. Did you do this swap? How did it go? Did you need a 3" lift? I'm deciding on trans options and had considered the ZF, so I'd love to know what you ran into.
  3. C

9" Swap

Who's done one? I tried searching, but coming up with zip. I've got a build going on an 89, and I'd like to do the D44 upgrade to the D35, which means I'll have 5-51/2 hubs. Gonna have to match it out back. Other ideas?
  4. C

New B2 Build

Cool...need pics...
  5. C

Better Coil Than OEM

Doing a resto on my new "89 Bronco II, and I'm wondering if anyone has found any real improvements with an aftermarket coil. My old truck still has the same coil after more than 360,000 miles, so I guess there is no real point in fixing what aint broke, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks,
  6. C

Just Don't learn...

As my signature says, I have been the proud owner of an "89 EB Bronco II since I bought her in 1996. Over the years, I upgraded engine and suspension and built her into a great work/play truck. After more than 360,000 miles, she is succumbing to the cancerous rot of rust in both body and...
  7. C

rear spring hangers

New hangers, $25 from LMC... http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?Page=113
  8. C

my 90 b2's re-birth

I really like the carbon fiber wrap on the hood. I'd like to see more of a write up on doing that.
  9. C

When is it time to call it quits?

Just a thought, if you're continuously fixing or replacing the same thing, then there is another problem. I've got an '89 with more than 350,000 miles on her, and I have fixed everything twice, but not often.
  10. C

New To Bronco II's All Advice Welcome

Welcome to the madhouse Can't reinforce what Elutheros recommended enough. The 4.0 clutch is definitely the way to go on these. Good luck.
  11. C

getting worse

Did you pull codes? There are several things it "could" be, but I'd start by seeing what the computer tells you. No point in guessing or throwing parts at it.
  12. C

Fuel Pressure Issues

^^^^What he said. A pressure guage is cheap, and should have been the 1st thing you checked.
  13. C

Starting issues, fuel pump?

My '89 only has one fuel pump, and it is in-tank. I'd check for fuel pressure on the rail, but you should be able to hear the pump run for a few seconds, when you turn the key on.
  14. C

Bronco II, bringing it back to life.

The oil that you want to use is what Ford recommends for the engine, that's 5W-30. A lot of guys will tell you to run a higher viscosity oil, but they really don't understand how this engine is designed, or why they almost all have a lifter noise. There is poor circulation to the lifters...
  15. C

what do you think?

Disregard...brain fart...
  16. C

can u guys tell me about 2.9 v6's

I have over 300k on my '89, and I've been pretty happy with the truck. I added a 4.0 radiator, but I'd never use a 160 degree thermostat. It'll run rich, and in your neighborhood, it could really give you problems in the winter. I've been real happy with pacesetter headers. I'd also be...
  17. C

Please help 2.9 valve adjustment

Actually, Ford always recommended 5W-30 for these engines, and allowed 10W-30 for warm weather driving. That is not to say that it is any where near optimum. Use what you want in your truck, but if you knew anything about engine wear and oiling, you'd use the lowest "W" available in the weight...
  18. C

My Small Bronco Grows Up

Nice work. I've been following this since you started posting. Wondering about the extra-long bumpers, tho...
  19. C

What kind of oil do you guys run in the 2.9?

Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 and a Motorcraft filter, but then I have to depend on my truck. I'd never use cheap crap oil or filters.
  20. C

Scored a Eddie Bauer Bronco II

I average 20, although I just got 22 on a 400 mile trip, and I was hauling about a ton of paper for my wife's company on the way up. Probably got better than 24 on the way home. I have @320K on mine, and I have run all over the Continental U.S., and used her to pull a trailer for work (I do...