•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. idriveafordranger94

Leaf spring hanger bolt stuck!

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of replacing the rear leaf spring shackles and hangers along with swapping in some Explorer leaf springs on my 1990 Ford Bronco II. The front shackles look like they are in good shape so I am not going to replace them. I got the nut off of one side but the...
  2. idriveafordranger94

How do I remove center leaf spring bolt??

Hi, I am starting the Explorer leaf spring swap on my 1990 Ford Bronco II. I reviewed the tech. page on it and it says to flip the center bolt on the Explorer springs. I put a 9/16 socket on the bolt and turned it. The entire bolt turned inside the leaf spring. My problem is that the other side...
  3. idriveafordranger94

Bronco II Liftgate Handle broke/stripped out!

Hey everyone. Today I went to open the liftgate on my 1990 Ford Bronco II (you know, turn the handle clockwise) and the handle just turned around in a circle like it was stripped. :bawling: I turned it around to it's normal postition and it opened once more. I tried it again and nothing; it just...
  4. idriveafordranger94

I can't get the little wedge out!!!!! Help!!

I'm converting my 1990 Ford Bronco II (D28) with automatic locking hubs to manual. The little "wedge" or "key" that keeps the nut in place (the nut right before the wheel bearing) is stuck and I can't get the dang thing out. I've tried the magnet method and the pounding it through method and...
  5. idriveafordranger94

Positive Camber Issues

My 1990 Ford Bronco II with the Dana 28 TTB axle has some serious positive camber issues. There is no lift or any modification to the front suspension that I know of. Would bad ball joints cause this? Can I just adjust the camber? Thanks
  6. idriveafordranger94

Calibrating Speedometer - 1990 Ford Bronco II

I was using my GPS today to get somewhere and noticed that my speedometer is about 4-5 mph off at 45mph and 6-7 off at 65. The tires that are on my Bronco are 30x9.50 R15; They aren't stock. How do I go about recalibrating my speedometer? I have a perfect driving record and want to keep it that...
  7. idriveafordranger94

Dana 28 Auto to Manual Hub Conversion - Where do I find the kit?

Hi, my locking hubs on my Bronco II with the Dana 28 front axle are shot and I am looking to replace them with manual locking hubs. I use this truck for winter - nothing extreme. Who are some companies who make cheap conversion kits and where would I find them?
  8. idriveafordranger94

Weird "bump-steer" issues at low speed????

Hi, I just got my 1990 Bronco II on Sunday and don't know much about it. I tested out the 4 wheel drive climbing a huge hill :icon_twisted:. I took it out of 4x4 low (mine is the push button 4x4) and went to park. I started turning the steering wheel (at a very low speed) and all of a sudden I...