•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

Yet ANOTHER M5OD swap thread

I've got my M5od swap almost ready to button up, I have my pedals in, my wiring ran, and my clutch/flywheel installed. Just waiting on the hydraulic pieces and I'll be bolting it in. A couple questions: I keep reading that the auto flexplate mounting bolts are different than the manual...
  2. M

Clutch Hydraulic lines

M5OD swap is started in my 89 bronco II. I got the trans from a 95 explorer 4wd. It had the gold end on the slave cylinder. My question is, should I replace the slave cylinder with the 95 year slave, and use the hydraulic lines from the 95 as well? Or use the slave and lines from the older...
  3. M

clutch pedal is in!

Well, the part of my build that I have been dreading for so long is finished. The clutch pedal is In, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. My only problem, is that my factory auto pedal had a big plastic bracket towards the top. It operates a small round switch under the dash, kind of...
  4. M

2wd BII transmission

Hi all, I am wanting to tackle the 5 speed swap soon, and I found a 2nd gen bronco II in the bone yard the other day. It's a 2 wheel drive, with 5 speed. I know that it will have the dummy t case, does that mean that the trans tailshaft will bolt directly to my t case? I assume it is the...
  5. M

FACTORY radio harness??

So, some jack-off stole the head unit out of my 89 BII. Along with about half of my factory radio wiring harness. My question, does the radio harness plug into the main vehicle or dash wiring harness somewhere, or is it all integral/hardwired together? I like using radio adapters, and would...
  6. M

Fuel pump access ?

Excellent. Thanks very much.
  7. M

Fuel pump access ?

So, I've read that some of you guys have made access plates/trap doors for accessing your fuel pump WITHOUT having to drop the tank. What a brilliant idea. Anyone have any pictures? I'm most interested in this mod.
  8. M

question for you 302 guys...

Have you ever tested your mpg after your 302 swap? Trying to put together a build plan and just wondering what to expect. So far, I'm looking at a carb'd 302, AOD, 3.73 or 4.10 gears, 31 inch rubber. Thanks!
  9. M

Maybe a stupid question...

How difficult is it to adapt an AOD to a BW1350 manual Tcase and the factory BII column shifter? That would save me some work by not having to swap in a clutch system.
  10. M

Your ultimate BOB (bug-out-bronco)

Well, I'm starting to think I could turn a BII into a really good BOB. Just a simple question for you folks: I'm wanting to go with a carb'd, point-ignited engine when my 2.9 fails. What would be a better engine for a zombie truck? 2.8L: Lighter...
  11. M

Ok sorry, maybe I should give a little more background info. I'm not extremely well versed in manual transmissions, so hopefully you guys will take it easy on me. I'm just looking for something that is DURABLE and reasonable on fuel. My 2.9/A4LD gets around 20 mpg and has been pretty...
  12. M

But when my 2.9 blows, I'd like to replace it with a carb'd 5.0L and a standard trans. Which is better for the swap, a ZF or a T5? Also, I prefer cable-controlled clutches. Can a T5 clutch cable be adapted to the factory clutch pedal in an RBV? I've not COMPLETELY ruled out an auto trans...
  13. M

Yes, ANOTHER trans question

Hello TRS forum. I've lurked this site for several years, and am a big fan. This is my first post, and I hope you all can help me with a question. I have a mostly stock 89 BII, 2.9L, A4LD. A few years ago, my dad (it was still his then) had the trans rebuilt. Well, the truck does great...