•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

Well the rust is finally starting

I've had my Bronco II for 2 years now and the salt is finally catching up to it (despite me religiously hosing it down). I'll have to fix this come spring when it warms up a bit, seems like moisture is making its way though where the two panels weld together on the inside. What is the...
  2. T

Bronco II Stuck in 4Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. My 88' Bronco II is stuck in 4Hi, it has the infamous auto locking hubs with a working module. The button lights up and everything when its activated and clicks and turns off when it's deactivated but the damn thing won't get out of 4Hi! I tried...
  3. T

duraspark conversion

And throw some primer on that poor thing! Looks awesome with a plow in snow:icon_thumby:
  4. T

The Famed Rear Bucket Seats

I found the famed rear bucket seats on ebay!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Bronco-II-Eddier-Baurer-Sport-Utility-2-Door-NO-RESERVE-1985-Eddie-Bauer-Bronco-II-4X4-with-/370887004831?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item565a96929f&vxp=mtr#ht_760wt_1165
  5. T

Bronco II Overheating

My Bronco II started to overheat last night after I noticed the smell of coolant. In the last few weeks I have been towing the boat (a 1448 tracker) and I had my a/c system totally rebuilt. I did not let the gauge go past the bottom of the "N" but it started to climb rather quickly so I have no...
  6. T

Just found a pretty cool video

aKOayw00rSQ A nice little write up on the Bronco II and their original intentions.
  7. T

Operation Bronco Reshine

I got tired of looking at faded red so I grabbed some left over wax from my dad's jag and voila! Oh and I picked up and painted a tire rack from a junkyard for 25 bucks. Before- After-
  8. T

Fuel pump problem.......HELP

When I turn the key you can hear the pump whine for 2 seconds then nothing. Might be a stupid question but did you replace your fuel filter too?
  9. T

2.9 running issues

A side effect of bad o2 sensors is bogging down during acceleration...but its hard to say with a system that far neglected what it could be. Did you check the air filter? Or any part of the air intake/hoses that might have a hidden mouse nest? Another to look at is a malfunctioning IAC sensor...
  10. T

Finally got a Bronco II

She needs some loving but nice find! Love that brown and tan eddie bauer
  11. T

Towing a Boat

Yeah I already decided that if/when my auto tranny goes I will go for the 5 speed instead of a rebuild. Thanks for all the input!
  12. T

Towing a Boat

There are no hills where I live so I couldn't tell you, I know it pulled it out of the ramp with no problems. Also have put about 10k miles on it in the last year so I know its been running fine. I loved the Eddie Bauer so I guess i'm paying for it with an a4ld :sad: and I might just check...
  13. T

Towing a Boat

Summer is getting closer and with it the prospect of crabbing and fishing again. I am in a Bass fishing club and last year my dad attempted to tow a 17ft Lowe (with trailer weighs MAYBE 1000 lbs) with the little Bronco instead of his F-250 Super Duty. It pulled really poorly and at one point we...
  14. T

Bronco II gas mileage

I just wanted to show a website I use religiously to track my fuel economy http://www.fuelly.com/car/ I noticed there are only 6 other Bronco II's archived. The website has helped figure out when I get the the most efficient fuel economy which occurs @ around 67 mph and remains almost the exact...
  15. T

After 28 years, new shocks

Oh wow how many miles did you have on those :shok:? And how does your Bronco handle a little jon boat? I was planning on using mine to tow this summer.
  16. T

Bumper Guard Surface Rust

The Bronco II has a bumper guard that was in great shape a few months ago, a couple drives through the snow and running it through salted roads has quickly rusted the chrome :sad:. I was wondering if there was anyway to sand away the rust or if anyone has ever flat blacked these bumper guards...
  17. T

Lost Overdrive w/ left turn signal

It turned out to be an 1157 bulb in the back right, I think it was reading it as if I was activating the brakes which would kick off overdrive. Thanks for the help everyone!
  18. T

Anyone know anything before tomorrow's commute?
  19. T

thinking of switching auto to manual.

Get the manual, it gives you better performance and fuel economy. Apparently there are 2 kinds of manuals and one is better. I believe the one without a "pan" under the transmission is the worse of the 2, but still better than the A4LD.
  20. T

I lost overdrive a couple months ago and my running lights went out too, turned out to be a melted switch under the dash. Replaced that and everything was fine, until today when I was driving and would turn on the left turn signal my overdrive would automatically disengage. The light for my rear...