•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. MeanMark87

'88 Bronco II for sale (MN) $1200

'88 Bronco II for sale (MN) $900 - price drop Selling my B2 :bawling: I put $900 as a price but I have no real idea what they're going for right now. I would be willing to negotiate. Some issues but runs strong and drives. Interior is actually pretty nice. All the pertinent details are in the...
  2. MeanMark87

Remove tilt wheel mechanism?

I'm knee-deep in still trying to fix the B2's steering and as part of that I need to get the tilt mechanism off, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've got everything stripped down, got all the electrical connections off....I took the steering wheel off, removed the snap ring holding the...
  3. MeanMark87

Replace rear quarter panel?

So I have been debating about whether to try and repair my rusted out quarter panels/wheel arches on the B2 and I'm starting to lean towards just buying body panels. I've never been big on doing bodywork before, but with this truck I want it to look nice. So my question is, if I bought a panel...
  4. MeanMark87

Sloppy steering - steering box?

The '88 BII project keeps moving along and with each new day comes a new task to tackle. This forum's been awesome in helping me with some of the issues so far, so here's another. The steering has almost a quarter turn of slop in it, and as I mentioned in a nother topic I can feel clunks in the...
  5. MeanMark87

Spindle nut(s) torque for D28 axle?

I'm looking for some clarification on the torque specs for the spindle nuts on my B2. There's the inner spindle/bearing nut, then a lock washer and then the outer nut. I need to know the torque specs for these two nuts and any special tightening sequence info. The writeup in the tech library...
  6. MeanMark87

Steering column clunk when going over bumps

So on my 88 BII I've noticed that when I am cruising down the road and I go over bumps, I can definitely feel a....clunk, I have no better way to describe it, in the column. The steering has some slop as well, which leads me to think it might be something like an inner/outer tie rod. I'm...
  7. MeanMark87

MeanMark87's '88 BII Build thread

I know I already had a thread on my purchase of this thing but I wanted to do a dedicated thread for just build/repair updates. So I bought it recently and it looked like so: So today I did a couple things....swapped out a tailgate handle from a '93 Explorer, put a new hood release...
  8. MeanMark87

Finally got a Bronco II

I already had a thread semi-about this but now I have pictures! But yes I bought a B2. I've had my 1988 Ranger a while now and when the opportunity to get a companion '88 Bronco 2 (Eddie Bauer no less...) came up I couldn't resist. It's definitely far from its finished form but even the David...
  9. MeanMark87

BII Eddie Bauer question

This might be a dumb question so bear with me.... So tomorrow I'm going to go and look at (and more than likely buy) an 88 BII Eddie Bauer edition. Thing is, there weren't a lot of interior photos of the truck, and the guy has been slow getting them to me via email. I can't tell from the one...