•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. foss40z

Strange problems with my '88 2.9l

Mine was the high pressure fuel pump, did the exact same thing until the fuel pump completely died. Get the Bucking, and shutting off and stuttering sensation.
  2. foss40z

My BroncoII died

Inertia switch is on the passenger side behind the carpet on right side. Fuseable link is right next to the air filter. .. If you hear clicking from back of truck then the in tank pump is fine, if you do not then something to think about with dropping of tank.. If you heard a buzzing for 2-3...
  3. foss40z

My BroncoII died

What year is your Bronco 2?? The Bronco 2 has 2 fuel pumps.. 1 in the tank and other on the rail right under the driver seat outside the truck.. The one on the rail is a high pressure fuel pump and that is the 1 that normally goes out. Even if the 1 in the tank went out, the high pressure...
  4. foss40z

Running Hot

I had issues with my single row radiator. Well i guess before i got the truck somebody threw in radiator stop leak cause it had a small leak. Well that ended up clogging a big portion of the radiator and it blew up my 2.9. bought another engine and shoved it in and also bought a brand new 2 row...
  5. foss40z

A4LD OD Issue with Lights on..

I have a strange thing happening.. Ok here it goes LOL... With the lights off my truck shifts fine into all gears including overdrive. I have a 1994 A4LD from a ranger in my bronco 2. Well when i turn on the lights to drive at night the torque converter will not lock into the OD gear. It stays...
  6. foss40z

So here's the wheel & tire.. I hope

I got a set of these for my 88 b2. Get them from SummitRacing for around $40-$45 a pop. DOnt go to 4wheelparts they sell them for $90 and say they are made by PRoComp (crap company) .. They are Actually Cragar's that ProComp tries to brand and call there own. I got the 15x8 with 4 inch offset...
  7. foss40z

Fluid, Cooler, etc, Questions on a 1994 A4LD Transmission

I have a 1994 A4LD Transmission i put in my 88 bronco 2. I did a fluid change about a year ago with supertech merc III fluid. Supertech was from walmart and was made by Quaker State because it had the Q on bottom. Ive been noting some slipping from 2nd to 3rd and shifting rough when cold. The...
  8. foss40z

Do 1988 and 1990 auto tranys swap?

I put in a 1994 A4LD tranny from a 94 ranger in my 88 bronco 2. The 88 have a 3 wire tranny plug as well as the 1994. All I had to do was take off the dummy transfer case (being i have a 2wd) and put on a tailhousing from a 86 ranger tranny that had a hole for the speedo and electronic plug in...
  9. foss40z

Speedo cable and 2 wire connection

I have a question. I have a 88 bronco 2 that use to have a dummy transfer case (2wd model) .. i recently picked up a 94 A4LD tranny without a dummy transfer case from a ranger. i know 1 is a speedo cable, what is the other 2 wire connection used for? Also i am having issues with the new...
  10. foss40z

88 to 94 A4LD Tranny Swap Issue

Hello, I am trying to get some information on a A4LD Tranny i bought and put into my 1988 Bronco 2. My last Tranny went out so instead of having it rebuilt, I just went out and bought a A4LD tranny from a 94 Ranger that had been rebuilt less then a year ago for $250. I put it in and 1st, 2nd...
  11. foss40z

87 to 94 a4ld tranny swap

I just picked up a 94 tranny from a ranger truck to swap in my 88 bronco 2 that had a 87 tranny in it from another swap. it had a 88 a4ld in it with 3 wires. that tranny went bad so i had some hole in the wall mexican shop find 1 and put it in and he put in an older 2 wire 87 tranny. the truck...
  12. foss40z

1988 Ford Bronco 2 Gearing

does anyone know the stock gear ratio on a 1988 ford bronco 2? Thanks