•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

Fresh 4.0 ohv install poor gas mileage!

87 b2. 91 4.0 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
  2. D

New 87 -91 4.0 swap w/ '00 m5od #helpme

So I'm hitting this thread a bit late in construction but I can fill in as I go. I'll post some pics of the progress and be sure to post more as I go. As soon as I figure out why it fails to upload. I need help on a few things before I dump anymore cash on this build. So here goes enjoy and...
  3. D

Slow process, low budget B2 build thread

has anyone here used these shocks? i am curious how they handle.. i imagined a quality USA product like bilstien, but they are made in Mexico and are not extruded tubes... these are the rears, the fronts will be here in about 2 weeks..
  4. D

ok got it lol.. i guess i'll start with what i am doing while i wait for my next shipment of parts... The body seam inside the cowl was completely gone without a ton of rust, thankfully.. i did alot of research on how the best way to do this and most of what ive seen people do was sort of...
  5. D

and i havent had time to figure the photobucket thing out yet... so clicky clicky.
  6. D

been awhile since my last update if anyone is even checkin ..lol but i have gotten rid of the old D28 and put the new D35 up. had a cowl leak in the prosess figure i would finally fix that and make it so it will never happen again. had to cut some Expanded flat metal to make the new grill for...
  7. D

And how do i post decent size pics it only allows me to do 800x800? i like the looks of the big pic builds.. easy to see and ya dont have to click each pic to see em
  8. D

now trying to get the old brake line loose, No luck so i drilled a new hole and left the old one there, And the brake lines ran into what im guessing is iether a booster or for antilock brake system, if it is the anti lock, my dummy light ABS has been on since i've owned the truck.. is it...
  9. D

well i know i can get the B2 bushings i am looking for the 91-94' explorer kit, the spring eyes seem to be different diameter on the B2 but both front and rear on the explr seem to be the same. sorry for the confusion, i did find some at JCwhitney but dont really want the shackle bushing with...
  10. D

Anyone ever use 92' explorer coils for a B2? need pros and cons..

correctable through the alignment or would i have to pick up some drop plates? thats what im shootin for is a lift about that high, but would like to keep the symetrics the same level if possible. Sweet ride BTW
  11. D

well i did all that work and cleaned up the rear axle without pics :bawling: but ill be sure to post the steps as i go now. and for some reason leaf bushings are on backorder EVERYWERE so i wont be changing the leafs until august sometime.
  12. D

this is my build and Axle swap in the process, ill post more as time goes on, if you have any advise or tips please post, :::Swapping to 8.8x 3:73 and D35x 3:73 gears, Mile Marker Man hubs, explorer leafs, full poly bushings, braided stainless brake lines, soon to iether go air or electric...
  13. D

Anyone ever use 92' explorer coils for a B2? need pros and cons..

I have thought of putting the coils from a 92' explorer on my B2 as i did the axle swaps but am not sure of the ride hight and preformance of the coil swap, if you have any advise or experience with please fill me in. Thnx
  14. D

Need bushing help!!!! Leaf spring bushing kits.

will take some pics today and post my build thread....... never posted pics before so i have to learn haha anyway cant be to hard thnx again guys
  15. D

this is true i do have 92' springs =P i read a bit in the library and forums telling me to be carefull with changing the springs from B2 to explr---4dr, beings the springs are about 2-3x stiffer than my stock springs causing poor offroad performance and requiring drop brackets =( i was...
  16. D

Hey all i think im about to ask a dumb question....haha anyway i am in the process of swapping to 8.8 and D35, i chose to go with the 92 explorer springs all around and before i start cutting the siezed bolts like a madman, i was wondering if the B2 leaf eyes are the same as the 92 explorer...
  17. D

B2/Explorer sway bars ???? Need help

Plus i need to save a bit of time on this (In knowing what poly bushings i need to order)beings Bow Season is comming and scouting for Elk in MT is a must before season =P
  18. D

B2/Explorer sway bars ???? Need help

I have an 87 B2 and just got a 92' Exlporer donor for the 8.8 and the D35 + DriveLines.. I am wondering if the Rear sway bar (bigger Dia. & yoke side mounted) on my B2 will fit the new 8.8. (with a bit of mod).. Or is the (smaller Dia. & Diff side mounted) Explorer bar sufficeint and easier...
  19. D

Bronco 2 D35, & 8.8 swap .. need advise..

Awsome!!! Thnx so much. With yer advise i think im ready to give er hell, i alread have the double cardan driveline so im good there and now i know the yoke/flange is swapable im ready to go. As for the front i also have a catdan style, thnx to the previous owner... you guys are awsome ...
  20. D

Bronco 2 D35, & 8.8 swap .. need advise..

oh... and as for the crosmember clearence for stock drop brkets hitting the new D35 Diff .... have any of you ran into any probs with the clearence??