•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

The Leak

I mentioned this leak on my Bronco before. Here it is. I wish I had known about it before I redid My Ranger Head Gaskets. I would have gotten aftermarket improved heads for the Ranger and swapped my old heads on the Ranger with the Bronco. I don't think its a gasket this time. I cannot...
  2. B

I hate to say I think I know the answer

Now that my ranger seems to be running well I turned back to the 89 Bronco II 2.9 4x4 5 speed. I was in the middle of flushing the engine when we talked about this last as the previous owner or the tow shop I bought it from poured engine flush in and didn't drain it. Anyway I got past the...
  3. B

Lifters - I Hate Haynes

Okay the Ranger is working perfect So now on to the 230K (I have no idea whats been done to it) 1989 Bronco II 2.9L Manual It has Bad lifter/valvetrain noise I cant imagine the heads making it 230K without replacement but I can imagine someone doing it and not re lashing it. No amount of...
  4. B

Overheating - Advance - PreIGnition

First Thanks jstrfford for the help. Funny you are just getting married and when I was on my first marriage the first car we bought new together was a 1989 Ford Bronco II XLT 2.9 Manual with Manual Hubs and 4x4 with your exact color scheme. We lived in the Dundee area of Omaha too! Last...