•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. FredDoug

Bad Clutch Questions 1990 Bronco II

Thanks Cway, I initially was convinced it was the slave cylinder, but after some diagnosing I don't believe so. My clutch pedal still has resistance, and you can drive the car around in 4WD. Welcome to the forum though, I appreciate the information!
  2. FredDoug

Thanks for the recommendation @ireallydontcare. I ended up doing some more diagnosing this weekend and actually had a helper with me. So we figured out the driveshaft is still spinning just fine when it’s in gear and accelerating and such. So I disconnected the drive shaft from the rear...
  3. FredDoug

Thank you both for your responses, the car does in fact move when I push it while in gear, engine off. After looking at the driveshafts and not seeing a break in the cv joints anywhere I had the wondrous idea of trying the vehicle in 4x4. (I thought I had done this when it had first died but...
  4. FredDoug

I was driving my manual 1990 Bronco II (2.9L, FM146) this last week and I was stopped in traffic. When I went to go (clutch in, shift to first, do the thing) it lurched forward and the engine shut off as if I had tried to engage too quickly. Started the engine back up just fine, but now it...
  5. FredDoug

Shock Tower Tabs

Haha, ya, I think I'll stick with the retainer clip too, but thought it was interesting being listed in the tech library on the ranger station.
  6. FredDoug

Shock Tower Tabs

Thanks Uncle Gump, might grab that or I just happened to run into this when I looked up the spring retainers. https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/coil-spring-retainer/
  7. FredDoug

Shock Tower Tabs

I didn't take any pictures of this specific issue when I ran into it, but I ended up buying the 4" rough country lift and began the installation this last weekend. Lots of fun later, as I was installing the new springs, I realized the tab that is bent outward to lock the OEM springs into the top...
  8. FredDoug

1986 B2 - Parking Brake Components

I ended up finding the cable connector at a local junkyard and bought the new lines, wish me luck putting it together one of these weekends. Let me know if you have any advice too. Thanks
  9. FredDoug

Swapping the Headlights/front clip 1990 Bronco II

I ended up not swapping it with this project cause I couldn’t find all the old style panels in as good of shape as the ones I already had and didn’t want to order them new. I’d recommend looking for a donor that has a good front end and you’ll end up wanted other parts off of it anyway. I...
  10. FredDoug

Longer Front Brake Lines - 1989-1990 substitutes

So I found this article in the tech library. But I believe this is only possible for the 1984-1988 Bronco II right? The driver side brake line on my bronco ii has a different end up top with 2 connection points, not just the one. Maybe I'm missing something or there is a specific year of the...
  11. FredDoug

Okay thanks for the info guys, I bought the front cable from rock auto thinking I needed that but once I compared it looks like that cable is fine and it looks like you're right Uncle Gump, one of the rear cables is broken. The cable I bought did come with a little bracket to connect two ends of...
  12. FredDoug

Alright so I’ve got the cables I think but the bracket is missing, anyone have any ideas where I can get a new one? Search a junkyard? Am I missing anything else?
  13. FredDoug

8th Spark Plug Wire?

So I went to check my spark plugs and wires only to find they were very in need of replacing. It went all good and fine but I realized I have 8 plug wires but only 7 old ones i pulled off. I ordered the Motorcraft ones from rock auto and I’ll include a screenshot below. Looks like 8 are in the...
  14. FredDoug

What is this? Cylinder on side of Ignition Coil

So do I need to replace that cylinder?
  15. FredDoug

Swapping the Headlights/front clip 1990 Bronco II

I recently bought a 1990 Bronco II and I prefer the look of the 1983-88 front end but I saw on another forum that to swap over it would require new fenders, hood, and the grille, filler, and bumper, plus lights and also an internal bracket maybe? I already have to replace a fender, the lights...
  16. FredDoug

What is this? Cylinder on side of Ignition Coil

I recently bought a 1990 Ford Bronco II and there's a little cylinder mounted on the side of the ingition coil and I can't figure out what it is and it looks like the wires are about to snap off so I figured I'd replace it sooner rather than later but I don't know what it's called. Anyone on...