•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. FredDoug

Bad Clutch Questions 1990 Bronco II

I was driving my manual 1990 Bronco II (2.9L, FM146) this last week and I was stopped in traffic. When I went to go (clutch in, shift to first, do the thing) it lurched forward and the engine shut off as if I had tried to engage too quickly. Started the engine back up just fine, but now it...
  2. FredDoug

Shock Tower Tabs

I didn't take any pictures of this specific issue when I ran into it, but I ended up buying the 4" rough country lift and began the installation this last weekend. Lots of fun later, as I was installing the new springs, I realized the tab that is bent outward to lock the OEM springs into the top...
  3. FredDoug

Longer Front Brake Lines - 1989-1990 substitutes

So I found this article in the tech library. But I believe this is only possible for the 1984-1988 Bronco II right? The driver side brake line on my bronco ii has a different end up top with 2 connection points, not just the one. Maybe I'm missing something or there is a specific year of the...
  4. FredDoug

8th Spark Plug Wire?

So I went to check my spark plugs and wires only to find they were very in need of replacing. It went all good and fine but I realized I have 8 plug wires but only 7 old ones i pulled off. I ordered the Motorcraft ones from rock auto and I’ll include a screenshot below. Looks like 8 are in the...
  5. FredDoug

Swapping the Headlights/front clip 1990 Bronco II

I recently bought a 1990 Bronco II and I prefer the look of the 1983-88 front end but I saw on another forum that to swap over it would require new fenders, hood, and the grille, filler, and bumper, plus lights and also an internal bracket maybe? I already have to replace a fender, the lights...
  6. FredDoug

What is this? Cylinder on side of Ignition Coil

I recently bought a 1990 Ford Bronco II and there's a little cylinder mounted on the side of the ingition coil and I can't figure out what it is and it looks like the wires are about to snap off so I figured I'd replace it sooner rather than later but I don't know what it's called. Anyone on...