•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1984 Bronco II build

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well I have had this bronco II for a While and it has been through a Lot it went from a 2.8 / C5 to 4.0 / power train about 7 years ago and got a 1993 dash and wiring put in it, now for the last 6 months it has been in the garage getting a Make over.

The plan for it is to make it a Street truck only so it is getting all of the body work done new paint, than for the power train it will be getting a warmed up 1997 5.0 with a AOD with a 1992 mustang computer and wiring. out back it will get explorer 8.8 with 3.73 gears and disc brakes. Up front is going to be interesting since it will only be a street truck and Nice weather driving it will no longer be 4x4 it will be a 2wd truck only.

The plan was to swap out the Bronco II engine cross member with a 2wd ranger one and use the ranger beams But I got lucky and found a 2wd Bronco II at a local Junk yard and I picked it up for a very good price.

The progess so far the paint is done all but the hood and rear gate.

7.5 is out and the 8.8 is going in this week.

4.0 and A4LD is coming out this week and the D28 is coming out and doing a test fit of the 2wd front end.

in the end I would like to lower it a couple of Inches both front and rear.

I hope to start posting up pic's of it soon.

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
So you're doing a 2wd lowered Bronco II?

Hmm, I don't think I've seen that. Looking forward to seeing the build!

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yea I have only seen 2 of them done as strret trucks and I love the look that they have, so this one is getting everything done to it. Currently I got the paint all done but the hood and rear gate, the 8.8 under it, the new front end under it and today my Fabtech 2" lowering springs came in today and I got them under it. Next up this week is out with the old 4.0 and A4ld and start setting up the 5.0 and AOD and start laying out my headers that i need to build since I am running the gt40P heads. once I find some place on the web to set up a free site I will get the pictures up that I have so far of it.

It should be a fun little truck to run on the street once it is done.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
get a photobucket account, makes it a lot easier to post pictures.

Robert

sent with a candy cane, and peanuts.