•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
well you cant keep us hanging like that.

As for the hook's my brother had made something to keep strap's from coming off the style with no keeper, i cant remember exactly what he did but it worked great.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
jeep coils? what size? i want some

is the bumper done yet?

Boggin

Reaction score
just got offered 2 grand for the b2 like she is. but i just cant do it, now i realize this b2 is worth more than just money, its so much more!

Boggin

Reaction score
hears an idear, let me know what ya think.
i am not a fan of headlight covers on trucks. i just dont think they suit it. but a buddy told me about something i should do when i was telling him about the b2 being painted army green with a camo theme, and he told me i should get a set of headlight covers, and do them over with camo wrap. (camo wrap is a vinyl type stuff that you can put on your vehicle or atv or somethin, comes in different patterns like mossy oak, realtree, etc)

i thought about it and i think it might look pretty good with some other small camo pieces that will be on the b2, nothing cheezy though.

another though was getting headlight covers, and cutting them out so they just cover the bottom signal light and the side one, and still cover that much in camo. i think it would be pretty cool, and different

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
not a fan of anything that is gonna reduce light output. i'm allway's trying to shine as much light as I can.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
im with kroussin on this one.

Boggin

Reaction score
me too bud why do i need to shine light in the daytime?

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
dont need to really but you do in bad weather. and when its dark and if it were me id get tired of having to get out every night to pull the covers off

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
had a buddy back in highschool that had headlight covers for day time driving. still makes me laugh to think how often i would see him pulling into the school parking lot with his offroad lights on cuz he was too lazy or it was just too cold for him to want to take the covers off in the morning.

Boggin

Reaction score
i have them on my mustang and theres nothing wrong wit it, i dont be out early enough to need my headlights in the morning, earliest ill be out is 8-9am and its broad daylight then, and i can jus take them off when i go home for supper

Boggin

Reaction score
my buddy is mixing up the paint for me tomorrow for the b2! lustreless olive drab it is! then im gonna get her painted hopefully by the weekend!

Boggin

Reaction score
rims painted with black rubberized rocker guard. they are drying now, ill post pics when i put them back on the b2.

Boggin

Reaction score
rims are painted black and i got some pics, theyre uploading now. i also put in new brake shoes and springs in the rear and now i got no brakes on the rear. i looked and theres fluid leaking out of the drum so im thinking i got a bad wheel cylinder. i might swap out the whole axle from the other ranger if i got to

Boggin

Reaction score
well here she is now

i was gonna paint her that green but **** that. weezl inspired me, shes goin vista blue metallic and dark shadow grey. same pattern as weezls too. blue all over with the grey down from the bottom body line and the center of the hood.

heres his

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

gonna look sweet!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
you have a b2, not a ranger, go with olive drab!

Boggin

Reaction score

gonna look sweet!
thanks man! our trucks are gonne be like brothers!

and i know ive been through a lot of paint schemes, but im pretty sure on this one. gonna see if my buddy can mix it up tomorrow at his paint shop and if he can get it tomorrow then perfect