•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1990 Bronco II

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Well I like seeing pictures of everyone trucks, so I thought I would just toss mine in here too. Lots of work done to it (mostly from previous owner) and some issues still. Either going to sell it or keep it as my driver (when I can't take the SL500 :yahoo: ) It is 4x4, auto, 166k. Skyjacker lift, 33" tires, Engine seems strong for the 2.9, but that doesn't mean much ;) and I would like a 4.0 in there. Body is really good, paint is so-so but looks good from a distance. No rust anywhere. Lived most of its life in NM and AZ. :icon_thumby:

Attachments

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
My issues that I hope to get fixed before winter are:
1) fuel pressure at only 20psi, I have a new fuel pump ready to put in (access panel cut too!) I just need some time... Could also be a leaky gas tank as I do see a small amount of gas on the ground.
2) Ground issue causes dash/radio/etc to sometimes shut down while I am driving.
3) blinkers keep blowing fuse and not working. I put a circuit breaker fuse in there for now but should probably find the real cause soon lol...

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Probably not the same fix for you, but just in case... Mines an '88.
Ground issue - loose ground strap from engine to body, located on the driver side under the hood up near the wiper mechanism.
Turn signal short - trailer wiring run over the frame rail. Rail sawed through the insulation and it would short out at random times.

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Before you change the pump in the tank, check the pump on the frame rail. These trucks have a low pressure pickup pump in the tank, then a high pressure pump on the drivers side frame rail.
And like Jerry said, if it has wiring for a trailer, that is probably where it is shorting out.

But its a good looking B2, have fun with it

NEALD

Reaction score
Nice bII! Wish mine was a rust free example like yours.

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Thanks guys!

1) I checked out the ground strap, she was a little loose so I tightened it down and will see how it does :) Thanks for the tip on the trailer wires, I will look at those tonight too!

2) I changed the fuel pump last night, only took 10 minutes. :) It seems to have fixed that issue, as she starts up right away - haven't taken it down the road yet but will tonight too. I thought the 1990 only had 1 fuel pump? Correct or no?

NEALD

Reaction score
I have an 89', it only has 1 pump. I believe yours is the same.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd

blackbart1989

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle