•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

2" drop hanger for B2's

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I'll be making a set or 2 if there is interest.

Since installing the durango springs the rear has settled in nice and I like the ride and how soft the springs are but they just don't give the ammount of lift i need to keep the truck somewhat level. The rear squats a bit too much.

Since I have a shackle flip that is what these will be for. So don't ask about the regular ones because I'm not making those...period.

It will be like these ones but out of 3/16" steel.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
WOW:icon_hornsup: those look awesome man, good lookin, how much would you be sellin those puppies for

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
man you never seem to stop amazing me with the stuff your turning out, that thing looks like its goin to be pretty stout

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
Those are nice Joel. They would be nice for a Ranger as well who wants to do the shackle flip since the Ranger & BII share the same spring mounts.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Those are nice Joel. They would be nice for a Ranger as well who wants to do the shackle flip since the Ranger & BII share the same spring mounts.
They are not the same between B2 and ranger. The b2 ones have a different offset from the frame. I've measured atleast 1/2"-3/4" difference, B2 being shallower. Meaning the frame rails are spaced wider on the B2.

These are B2 specific, and they have been setup to move the mount back almost to the end of the frame. meaning custom bumper or roll pan. or do what I did, and that is even more work.:icon_welder:

As for price I got the price down to around $50 for the cut set.:icon_thumby:

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
man for that price i would take a set to have on the shelf for when i dont have to dd the bII anymore and go with a different set up

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
man for that price i would take a set to have on the shelf for when i dont have to dd the bII anymore and go with a different set up
Not likely to make any to sell. I'll get two sets cut and put one set on BIV and keep the other set for a lowering project.:icon_thumby:

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Not to go off course but how much lift do you think you have with the durango springs and the shackle flip?

Boggin

Reaction score
i really dont understand the shackle flip, dont that just lower your truck?

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
it would if it were all stock, but in copykats case with them being extended down and his set up it will lift a little

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
i really dont understand the shackle flip, dont that just lower your truck?
it would if it were all stock, but in copykats case with them being extended down and his set up it will lift a little
Using stock springs a shackle flip will lower about 3". The springs I am using are not stock and they give me about 3" of lift with the flip. No blocks. So on a stock setup B2 I would get about 5.5-6" lift with the springs, alone.

The new brackets drop the shackle pivot 2". This should give me about 1" of height back to get the truck closer to level. I've got about 3.5-4" up front and I'm about 2.5-3" out back.

Can you follow that?

If I had more arc to the springs I would do a spring under setup. Maybe I'll get a G50 pack from deaver and I should be able to get it done.

Now if I was to get a different leaf pack and be too tall out back I would have the option to get an extended shackle to lower the truck back down. I've got 2" extra room to play with.

Boggin

Reaction score
ooook i get it , so if u flipped your shackles back to stock now your truck would look like a dragster? {the back would be up higher}

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I'll tell you right now that there was a big difference in handling when I did the shackle flip. I don't understand why Ford wouldn't have done it right from the begining.