•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

31" and gearing??

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I want to get some 31x10.5 BFG All Terrains for my stock B2 with 2.9L. First off will they fit if I get some explorer leafs and coils?? Ive read that they would but I want to make sure. Also I have 3.73 gearing, will this gearing be ok to run 31's????

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
your gearing will be good and with the explorer coils and leaf you with be good

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
I put that size BFG's on a stock similar year BII back when I worked at a ford dealership and I thought they'd for sure rub like heck. It was awfully close i thought, but according to the owner they never did(mild offroading). So I'm sure a 2" or so lift would be perfectley adequate. 3.73's will work fine but you will notice some loss of power. And as far as what tire will fit stock with a vehicle that's old it could vary depending on the condition of the stock springs as they may sag over time or with abuse. So one guy could get 31's with no lift and another may barely fit 30's, so take the advice with a grain of salt for your rig if your debating about whether or not to get the lift before tires.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Just put 30's on the back of my truck. Its close, I wanted 31's but got a really good deal on the 30's. I definitely need some new springs on the back.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
your gearing will be good and with the explorer coils and leaf you with be good
yall mean stock explorer leafs and coils? do they bolt right in? do you have to change out anything else?

i'm in the process of figuring out how i want to lift my BII (as wallet friendly as possible). i wanna go with 31's also and i was thinking of doing a body lift to start and then do a SAS next spring or summer and run 33's.

MAranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245c.i.
I run 31's with 3.73's and they do just fine. My truck was originally 31's and 3.07's:annoyed: it was a dog