•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4 inch lift kit instalation

dirtyhorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a question i just recently purchased a rough country lift kit for my 87 Bronco2 comes with the extended Pittman arm and the nitro shocks about how long should it take to install and will I need to get new longer drive shafts keep in mind this is my first lift kit ever kinda been in a hole for awhile cuz of a bad marriage granted im excited about this kit I just want to do it right the first time

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Give yourself a whole day if you have 2 people. driveshaft's can be build from junkyard shafts believe its in the tech library. Might get away with the front shaft being good but no way on the back.

dirtyhorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Right on thanks a lot I know I can build just about anything I need I work in a fab / machine shop there's a few junk trucks in the storage yard I'm positive I can get my hands on a decent shaft I'll be glad to get rid if them problematic c/v shaft style u joints thanks a load man

dirtyhorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I plan on chopping the top I can post a concept drawing of my ideas and the bumper I'm building for it any helpful tricks and tips are much appreciated

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I did mine in a day with the help of a buddy. Make sure you have a grinder to grind off the old rivets. I like the RC lift, its a lil stiff though.

Make sure and get your brake lines extended. There is a tip in the tech library.

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
Id spray any nuts and bolts the day before with some pb blaster or whatever penetrant you like :icon_thumby:

dirtyhorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Another question my engine dose not run well at low rpm sputters and surges until I put the hammer to the floor and then it goes real good I can't pin point the cause I replaced o2 sensor and new plugs and wires also a new egr sensor and fuel filter idk what else to look into maybe timing but I'm not sure I'm no mechanic I just know enough to get into trouble

LIMA BEAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Another question my engine dose not run well at low rpm sputters and surges until I put the hammer to the floor and then it goes real good I can't pin point the cause I replaced o2 sensor and new plugs and wires also a new egr sensor and fuel filter idk what else to look into maybe timing but I'm not sure I'm no mechanic I just know enough to get into trouble
Clean your MAFS if you havnt yet.

dirtyhorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well I can't find the break line extension tip in the library can someone send me a link to it out something please

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
I just did a skyjacker lift on mine, I prefer using a sawzall to cut the rivets off then a punch to knock them out, the penetrating oil tip is important and Winston Churchills words "we shall go on to the end, we shall never surrender" Hope it goes smoothly.