•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4x4 to 2wd swap

scionguy3809

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
ok im new to the site and new to bronco ii but i been reading up people saying you can use ranger front end to drop it or i can use 2wd bronco parts but i want to go lower also so what is my best way to go

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i have never attemped this or even thought about it....But Id imagain just get some dream breams for a 2wd(you are wanting to lowering?) and ditch all the 4x4 stuff. pull the frount d shaft and get a flip kit for the rear....One thing you dont see much is a lowerd bII kinda sexy imo.

scionguy3809

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I want to drop it on 20" bullit rims and pull all the 4x4 stuff out drop in a 351-5speed setup

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
you can only use bronco 2 beams, ranger beams won't fit.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
To make Ranger beams fit you have to change the engine cross member for a 2wd Ranger one. The 2wd B2 used basically stripped out 4wd parts, they were never really meant to be 2wd. But lowered ones are badass.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i don't think i'll understand the reasoning behind people turning offroading suvs into something that gets hung up on speed bumps.

scionguy3809

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Any one know were I can find the bronco ii 2wd parts I need Im new to this and there not really any bronco ii left around here were I live The bronco I got drives good so I figer I can re sale some of the 4x4 stuff too

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Scion,
I have will have some 2wd beams from an 88 BII I am converting to 4 wheel for a friend's son. I am of course in Alaska and shipping might be kinda high but this is the first 2 wheel drive BII I have ever come across. Let me know your zip and I'll see what the shipping might be. We are swapping the front axle next weekend so they'll be available after that if you cannot find anything nearer to you. I was just gonna toss these as I was sure no one would want them.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i'm thinking you need to find a u pull it junkyard.. that'll be your cheapest option.. or search CL and look around. be readly to make a drive.

is there a Pull-a-Part near you?
http://www.pullapart.com/

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I used to have a 2wd BII, kinda dumb to make one of those 2wd

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I used to have a 2wd BII, kinda dumb to make one of those 2wd
i agree.. but, if its what he wants then, go for it. custom is custom... even if it doesn't make sense in my head.

scionguy3809

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
well i thank im going to go the ranger front end way and swap the engine crossmember and stuff now if i can just find a crossmember and side beam mounts because non of the yards here allow cuting tools in the yard

s10 warrior

Reaction score
instead of making a new thread, figured id jack this thread :D

im looking at a 88 ranger 4x4,2.9,automatic, 2wd... i got a 89 ranger 4x4 ,2.9,automatic parts truck...

i wanna convert the 2wd in to 4x4 with out swapping frames..

anyone know of any build threads or topics on 2wd to 4wd swaps?

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I dont have much more to add but this....i really want to see pics of the bulid on this if it does go thro. I have onley seen one broncoII lowerd that was in a mini truckin mag....freakin sweet ass ride imo. old school with a flat head and all. But my self im in to mini's my self jus not a ford..I got a s10 lowerd a bit. goin bag and bodie it this winter. so get to work i wanna see some pics.