•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84 B2 Crawler.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
thought i might post up some more pics of the truck "in progress" beings its never done, and a few showing how it got here... Ive had this same truck the last 5yrs now and have done alot of BootyFab on it just to get it working so i could go wheel it. Now ive become more patient, knowledgable, expeirienced, and have the money to do things right.

used to have a turndown off the muffler under the truck, got tired of smelling exhaust so i had it finished out.

finishing the cage.

when i first did the doubler i put on an electric case, shift motor never worked, 90% of the time i had to crawl under and shift with a cresent wrench.:annoyed:
got a new 1354M

hand bent a shifter.

installed, thank god for never crawling under the truck again.

bought a SF-D60 and built it and put it in. Shackle angle and everything all jacked up.

So i chopped the crap out of the frame, boxed it and it was all better.

... then made friends with a guy at a J-yard, let him ride in my truck and we drove over some cars... so he decided to give me a front D60 that i had been needing. Free.

Decided to try a little idea i had and it turned out to work... ground the casting stuff of the top of the BJ knuckle, drew a CAD picture and took it to waterjet, Drilled and tapped and came out with this.

now this is where my "in progress" pics stop, i guess i just quit taking them so I can just describe and show the closest pics that show what i have to say.

for the front I just took a hole saw, made some holes in the frame rail right behind bumper and hammerd the crap out of a big peice of tube into the rails and vwa-la, welded on front tabs and had hangers. Strongest and highest clearance way of doing it that ive seen out of all the leaf SAS RBV swaps.

then to use the stock D60 perches I had to make something for the rear. Only regret i have with the way i did this is that i should of made holes in the Angle iron first to do plug welds... oh well.

had the local spring shop make me some hangers in their leaf spring machine (yes its mild steel material, not leaf) and made some shackles.

makeing an x-member from rail to rail in that rear hanger location is a must on the future to-do list. I dont see this frame lasting more than 2-3yrs tops without one, I will also run that front cage foot you can see in the picture, straight into it.

leafs i used are Trailgear 3" toyota leafs. i have a total of 9" WB gain... 4 in the front and 5 in the rear.

other than this i have alot of other various little odds and ends mods here and there, and alot of cleanup that made the truck clean and done right throughout.

the next big top 3 on the list to come very soon is hydro assist, LoMax twinstick D300 and beadlocks. Ofcourse there will be other things but that is just the big stuff. smaller stuff to include finishing OBA, battery reloaction, TBI swap.. ect.
:icon_welder:

Last edited:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
just some playing afterwards Sceeps rock pile.
dont let it fool you, this is a mean rock pile, same pile that has broken lots of D44, D60 and 14 shafts... and flopped Nates buggy... hehehe

Last edited:

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Is it safe to use a square drive shaft like you have on the font axle for DD use or is that only safe for crawling use?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
depends how close to centered and balanced you can get it. Mine is rediculously close for a square shaft. Ive had it up to about 50-55mph and its fine.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Glad to see I am not the only guy running a ball joint 60....and sweet score for free. Mine wasn't free but for $200 for a 60 its damn near it.

Just finished my beadlocks for this last trip out, by far the best thing next to lockers lol. B2 looks killer, kinda miss having the b2 body (well what was left of it anyway). I could see behind, around me so much better with the B2 body vs the ext cab ranger. Still got the b2 frame though.

I missed it, what size Iroks are those?

Taragon

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and D60's F&R
I like the lines on the rear of this buggy. Does he have any specs on it? Plans? Will he build me a chassis?

Let me know!!!

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Taragon: just go on pirate and find Sceep, Its only took him 5yrs to finish the damn thing lol. a few quick specs on it though... 5.0, AOD, Klune, D20, 416 portals, lots of cool things all over it, 46" cut Claws.... 4link front and rear fox 2.5s.

CheapThrillB2: Ya i couldnt really beat free when it came to the BJ D60. Its a 3600lb truggy, I'm not concerned with 1ton BAlljoints in the least bit. I do like having the B2 cab cuz its easy to look around me although its only drawback is shit flying in the back...

You didnt miss it, i guess i just didnt post it. Its 39.5x13.5R15 Bias iroks... I think beadlocks may be 3rd best, I think the doubler is the next best thing next to lockers:headbang: I'm up in the air on beadlocks as I dont usually have that big of an issue, i may go the route that Sceep recommended and has been doing for the last 10yrs almost.... If you look closly to the inside of the rim on his buggy you can see he did it on that too. Drilling holes around the rim and running screws w/ rightstuff into the bead of the tire. Then once i can afford it, get some bling beadlock rims eventually.