•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

87' B2 Update

caseygriff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
My credo
Workin hard or hardly workin
Alright, slow progress over here but this is what I've been up to. cut 3.5" off the front fenders to fit some 32s. I am thinking about trimming about 2" off the rear to make it consistent, what do you guys think? Planning on using some plastic edging to prevent rust and cuts. Going to throw some RC leveling coils in to get her sitting even. Engine is running after a quick fuel pump replacement. Idles decent then all of a sudden revs up to 2nd/3rd on its own.. Maybe an evap leak I don't know. I am in CA and it needs smog for me to complete the title transfer so she's sitting pretty in the driveway for now. Any help would be great.
IMG_2159.jpg
IMG_2158.jpg
IMG_2157.jpg

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
Alright, slow progress over here but this is what I've been up to. cut 3.5" off the front fenders to fit some 32s. I am thinking about trimming about 2" off the rear to make it consistent, what do you guys think? Planning on using some plastic edging to prevent rust and cuts. Going to throw some RC leveling coils in to get her sitting even. Engine is running after a quick fuel pump replacement. Idles decent then all of a sudden revs up to 2nd/3rd on its own.. Maybe an evap leak I don't know. I am in CA and it needs smog for me to complete the title transfer so she's sitting pretty in the driveway for now. Any help would be great.View attachment 16386View attachment 16387View attachment 16388
I’ve never trimmed any except a small corner. I have one with some rust issues that trimming and a larger tire would fix. What happens with the inner front fenders, the plastic pieces? Do you just remove it?
I’m not sure what year your rig is so I don’t know the engine. Is it an 85 with 2.8?

caseygriff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
My credo
Workin hard or hardly workin
@tw205
Yeah so I ended up trimming the plastic pieces and remounting them since they are sorta important on both sides. Driver side mounts to some electrical components and protects the wiring inside the engine bay from water, dirt, etc. The passenger side mounts to the bottom of the filter box. It is pretty straightforward, take em off then hold it up inside the wheel well and do some estimating of how much you gotta trim off so they will not poke out of your newly expanded well. only a couple bolts shouldnt take too long. happy choppin